Does everybody have a hungry heart?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-610-8871 or
Lisa Wheeler, 404-519-1987 or
Christopher West’s new book explores desire, happiness and man’s universal destiny
ATLANTA, GA (January 7, 2012) - Weaving life-altering lessons together from classical and contemporary art, pop music, movies, and the Christian mystical tradition, popular theologian Christopher West explores the ancient but largely forgotten idea that the restless, erotic yearnings we feel in both our bodies and our spirits reveal the cry of our hearts for God in Fill These Hearts (Image Books, Jan. 8, 2013).
West has written six other books that speak clearly to the formal and profound theology introduced by Blessed Pope John Paul II titled “Theology of the Body”, but in Fill These Hearts, West blows the lid off the idea of Christianity as a repressive, anti-sex religion and unveils the hidden truth of life – that the restless yearnings we feel in both our bodies and our spirits are the very cry of our hearts for God. Says John Waters, author of Lapsed Agnostic, “Be warned: this book is unlike any other you’ve ever read. It holds up the spirit of our age—as expressed in modern, presumed ‘secular’ idioms like rock ’n’ roll and popular movies—and places it under the searchlight of the most fundamental understandings of human nature.”
What is the meaning of life? Why did God create us male and female? Why is there evil in the world and how do we overcome it? How do we attain true happiness on earth? What kind of joys awaits us in heaven? How can we experience the love we long for in the depth of our hearts? Through a mixture of sound theology and popular culture, West answers these questions and more.
CHRISTOPHER WEST is a research fellow and faculty member of the Theology of the Body Institute. He is also one of the most sought after speakers in the Church today, having delivered more than 1,000 public lectures on four continents, in more than a dozen countries, and in over 200 American cities. His books – At the Heart of the Gospel, Good News About Sex & Marriage, Theology of the Body Explained, and Theology of the Body for Beginners – have become Catholic bestsellers.
For more information, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Christopher West, please contact Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032 or 404-610-8871) or KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group, or Lisa Wheeler, 404-519-1987, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
http://www.maxondeadline.com GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Christopher West, Fill These Hearts, Theology of the Body, Image Books
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards