Contest open for Children's Christmas Artwork and Original Prayers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, MI (December 13, 2012) - Calling all young artists! Submit your artwork to help celebrate the birth of Christ.
A unique art contest is being organized by Deacon Peter Huynh of the Legion of Christ, who has organized two previous contests for children during Lent. Winning artwork was featured in inspirational booklets on the Stations of the Cross.
Deacon Peter, who will be ordained to the priesthood on December 15, 2012, in Rome, Italy, is asking for Christmas-inspired artwork this time.
“The first three Stations of the Cross booklets were a great hit,” Deacon Peter said. “Kids connect well with other kids expressing, through art, how they feel and think about Jesus. Their parents and teachers like the blending of art and theology which can really help elementary students to read, meditate, and pray.”
In the Stations of the Cross booklets, Deacon Peter paired children’s art with brief reflections from his fellow Legionary seminarian brothers. For the Christmas edition, he wants the children themselves to write the reflections, so the contest will have two parts: one for artwork from children in grades 2–5, as well as submissions of original prayers written by children in grades 6–8.
Deacon Peter has chosen 25 themes on which participants can base their art and prayers. He is accepting submissions for the contest through January 6, 2013. Booklets with the winning artwork, containing a countdown to Christmas starting on December 1, 2013, will be made available in advance of the Advent season for Christmas 2013.
For more information, copy and past the following link into your Internet browser - - http://www.regnumchristi.org/english/articulos/articulo.phtml?id=38233&se=364&ca=196&te=707.
Regnum Christi and Legion of Christ
http://www.regnumchristi.org MI, 48301 US
Kelly Luttinen - Public Relations Advisor, 248-979-8129
Catholic Art Contest, Christmas, Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards