MEDIA ALERT: Live Web Event with Dr. Christopher Kaczor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information:
Kelly Kracht, 651-470-3854 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032
EVENT: Dr. Christopher Kaczor will host a live Web event to discuss and field questions about his new book, THE SEVEN BIG MYTHS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
WHEN: 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST on Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012.
WHERE: Online at www.LiveStream.com/IgnatiusPress. RSVPs encouraged.
FORMAT: Dr. Kaczor will open with general comments about the book and his reasons for writing it, then will take questions from participants through the website, Facebook and Twitter.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
“There are not more than 100 people in the world who truly hate the Catholic Church,” Venerable Archbishops Fulton J. Sheen said, “but there are millions who hate what they perceive to be the Catholic Church.”
Misconceptions, inaccurate perceptions and – yes – myths have colored opinions of the Church literally since Jesus walked among us. In THE SEVEN BIG MYTHS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, Kaczor distinguishes fact from fiction regarding what the Church actually does believe ... and teach. He discusses:
• The Myth of Catholic Irrationality
• The Myth of Catholic Indifference to Earthly Welfare
• The Myth of Catholic Misogyny
• The Myth of Opposition between Love and Procreation
• The Myth of Catholic “Homophobia” and Inaction against HIV/AIDS
• The Myth that there is No Rational Basis for Limiting Marriage to One Man and One Woman
• The Myth of Priestly Pedophilia
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr. Christopher Kaczor is Professor of Philosophy at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. His other books include The Ethics of Abortion: Women’s Rights, Human Life, and the Question of Justice; O Rare Ralph McInerny: Stories and Reflections on a Legendary Notre Dame Professor; Thomas Aquinas on the Cardinal Virtues; Life Issues-Medical Choices; Thomas Aquinas on Faith, Hope, and Love; The Edge of Life: Human Dignity and Contemporary Bioethics; Proportionalism and the Natural Law Tradition; and How to Stay Catholic in College. Kaczor’s research on issues of ethics, philosophy, and religion has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, the Huffington Post, National Review, NPR, BBC, EWTN, ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, MSNBC, and NBC’s “The Today Show.”
For more information, to request a review copy of THE SEVEN BIG MYTHS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH or schedule an interview with Dr. Christopher Kaczor, please contact Kelly Kracht (651-470-3854 or KKracht@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/seven-big-myths-about-the-catholic-church/press-release/livestream-event-media-alert/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
The Seven Big Myths About the Catholic Church; Dr. Christopher Kaczor; Ignatius Press; Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources