Explore Principles and Choices online now!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Alexis Walkenstein, 561-445-5409 or
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Healing the Culture launches unique website to support high school curriculum
SEATTLE, WA (November 15, 2012) – Once in a while, an online resource comes along that is as useful as it is attractive. The website for HEALING THE CULTURE’s new high school pro-life curriculum Principles and Choices ranks among the best in educational tools. To see how, and to explore this innovative new program, visit www.PrinciplesAndChoices.com.
The website, launched today, offers administrators, teachers, high school and college students, youth group leaders, homeschools, and parents a content-rich tool that not only integrates the best in online features and usability, but also provides some pioneering new concepts and functions.
Visitors to www.PrinciplesAndChoices.com can:
• View sample pages from the four Principles and Choices textbooks, dramatic plays, PowerPoint lectures, and audio library;
• Explore the social media integration that helps set Principles and Choices apart from other curricula;
• Use an innovative “Quick Code” system to explore curriculum topics in greater depth;
• Interact with real people and virtual characters who are featured in the curriculum;
• Upload classroom assignments to share with students around the world.
The website includes a student section that enables interaction and active participation. The teacher section provides secure-login access, and is home to reference materials, assignments, handouts, lecture tips, lesson plans, exams, and answer keys. The entire site features intuitive navigation, which makes for an enjoyable and highly productive learning environment.
“This launch of the Principles and Choices website offers young adults, parents, teachers, and other youth leaders a vast resource for sophisticated pro-life learning,” said Pauley, president and co-founder (with Fr. Robert Spitzer) of HEALING THE CULTURE. “Reaction to the curriculum has been phenomenal. As we travel around the country to conferences, people are demanding more online flexibility in learning. Not only is the Principles and Choices website a great online learning tool, but it offers a multitude of opportunities to sample and try out the program before you buy.”
About Principles and Choices
This unique, comprehensive curriculum covers 15 major themes – happiness; success; quality of life; love; rules of evidence; first principles; ethics; freedom; defining the human person; human dignity; human rights; the common good; human suffering; beginning-of-life issues; and end-of-life issues.
Materials include full color student texts; teacher resources with detailed daily learning plans, text notations, and Scripture and Catechism cross-references; PowerPoint slides with complete lecture notes; four-act drama scripts with companion audio CDs; a student website with study tools, research library, discussion forums, and social media integration; and a secure online teacher site – part of www.PrinciplesAndChoices.com – with classroom and training materials.
Principles and Choices is designed to be taught as four-week supplemental units in a core class (such as philosophy, ethics or social issues) over four years. It can also be combined to create one full semester class, or tailored to fit specific needs. “The program is highly adaptable to any teaching style, and doesn’t require teachers to become experts in the subject,” said Pauley. “The materials do the heavy lifting.”
About HEALING THE CULTURE
HEALING THE CULTURE helps people fully integrate pro-life ideals into the way they think, and how they live their lives. Its philosophical approach to education encourages students to embrace deep and meaningful definitions of human happiness, freedom and rights; and helps them choose to live by universal principles of reason, ethics and justice. Learn more at www.HealingTheCulture.com.
For more information on HEALING THE CULTURE and Principles and Choices, or to schedule interviews with co-founders Camille Pauley and Fr. Robert Spitzer, please contact Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or email AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com) or Tim Lilley (678-990-9032 or email TLilley@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/healingtheculture/press-releases/explore-principles-and-choices-online-now/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Healing the Culture, Principles and Choices, pro-life, Catholic education, Camille Pauley
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary