LIVE NATIVITY ON BROADWAY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STUNNING DANCE DRAMA NATIVITY: BIRTH OF A KING CELEBRATES TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS ON BROADWAY
Cutting Edge New Rochelle Dance Company Committed to
“Reclaiming the Arts for Christ”
– Offers Powerful New Way to Experience Christmas Story –
New York, NY (November 14, 2012) – A unique and groundbreaking production so dazzled Bronx audiences last year that it is moving to Broadway this Christmas season. The stirring stage drama NATIVITY: BIRTH OF A KING is opening eyes and hearts with its winning formula of music, dance and spectacle and has been welcomed by the Gerald W. Lynch Theater at John Jay College at the northern tip of the Great White Way.
Meditating profoundly on the birth of Christ, the joyous drama moves audiences with a wholly original portrayal of the central event of Christian history. Produced by New Rochelle-based Dance Ministry Institute (DMI) and featuring original choreography by DMI founding director Robert Evans, NATIVITY gives reason for faith audiences to rejoice by serving as a dazzling tribute to the miracle of the incarnation, the universal power of faith, and the explosive talent of an inspired local dance ministry.
“Since 2001 the primary mission of DMI has been to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and assist in reclaiming the arts back to the Kingdom of God,” says DMI founding director Robert Evans. “Bringing our Christmas show to the heart of the Theater District is a blessing and the culmination of a dream.”
Evans’s choreographic works have ministered to people throughout the U.S. and the Caribbean over the last two decades, including the Bahamas Faith Ministries (Nassau, Bahamas); Christian Cultural Center (Brooklyn, New York); World Changers Church International (College Park, GA); and The Potter’s House (Dallas, Texas). A native of St. Louis, his dance ministry roots began with the Harlem Tabernacle Dance Ministry (Harlem, NY) where he served as the assistant director from 1991-2001. Says his wife Selena, who also serves as costume designer and dancer in NATIVITY, “Robert is a true leader who considers himself privileged to serve the body of Christ with all that the Lord has given him.”
NATIVITY: BIRTH OF A KING provides an opportunity for all persons to come together and be enriched by the miracle of Christ’s birth at the time of year when that matters most. Located at the Gerald W. Lynch Theater at John Jay College, 524 West 59th Street (between 10th & 11th Avenues), performances will be held on Saturday December 15, 2012 at 4pm & 8pm and Sunday December 16, 2012 at 4pm. Tickets for this limited engagement start at $40 and can be purchased online at www.thedmiexperience.com.
For more information please contact Allied Faith & Family's Daniel diSilva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allied Faith & Family
http://www.thedmiexperience.com CA, 90028 US
Daniel diSilva - Account Executive,
nativity, broadway, Christmas, entertainment, dance, theater, show, king, season, thanksgiving
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- On Juneteenth, national pro-life group is reminded that the aftermath of slavery has not ended
- 20 Lawmakers Call for Criminal Investigation of Late Term Abortionist
- The CatholicTV Network to Air Special Coverage during Fortnight for Freedom
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect John Thomas Folda
- A Catholic Assessment of Evolution Theory – An origins science enhancer
- Running for a Reason: Priest Takes on Ultramarathon
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect David John Walkowiak
- Brave and Steadfast at 2013 Catholic Charismatic Conference
- The CatholicTV Network to air Film, “Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit”
- Catholic Word Publisher Group Welcomes Novo Millennio Press Series