Dan Schutte Event Series brings Inspiration to ‘Year of Faith’ Celebrations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (OCP) (August 23, 2012) - Catholic music icon, Dan Schutte (OCP) is best known for his genre-defining Christian prayer and worship music like “Here I Am, Lord” and “City of God.” Looking to illuminate God’s grace for the greater Catholic community, he will share his extraordinary gifts of speaking and song with parishes across the U.S. as they celebrate the “Year of Faith” through workshops and events built around his newest release, To Praise You.
Through faith-driven music, reflections and relatable stories, Schutte offers a remarkable experience for those churches looking for a way to begin their “Year of Faith” celebrations. The most popular event format has been an evening concert—featuring both new tracks from To Praise You and hymns that have become standards of worshiping communities everywhere—followed by workshops featuring a variety of topics including, ‘Renewing Faith through Prayer’ which uses Schutte’s book, Walking the Sacred Path: Spiritual Exercises for Today.
"When we are on a journey of faith, each step along the way is an opportunity to discover God. Yesterday's journey is not the same as today's, but both are filled with the possibility of grace,” says Schutte. “The songs of To Praise You touch on many of those daily meetings we might have with God and help us to embrace them as moments of grace,” He continues. “My hope is that people will feel grateful and refreshed, renewed in hope and feeling very loved by God. I'd like people to experience an event where they feel like they've reconnected with God."
To Praise You is full of music for a journey of faith—making it the perfect backdrop for events that begin the “Year of Faith.” From folk ballads to traditional hymnody and other chant-inspired songs, Schutte’s newest collection is a wealth of liturgical music that deepens communal prayer devotion as well as personal reflection.
These events are rare opportunities to tap into the experience of an award-winning liturgical music legend. Worship communities interested in booking Schutte for a concert or workshop should contact OCP Events at 1-800-548-8749 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For interview and media requests, please contact Erin McClellan, 503.460.5363 or email@example.com.
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 90 years. Worship programs produced by OCP are used in over two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. Find OCP on Facebook at Facebook.com/OCPmusic.
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.ocp.org/events OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, Dan Schutte, St. Louis Jesuits, To Praise You, Here I am Lord, event
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources