Three ALMA Nominations for THE WAY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Alexis Walkenstein, 561-445-5409 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032, or
Nods come for Favorite Movie, Favorite Actor, Favorite Supporting Actor
NEW YORK, NY (July 14, 2012) – The National Council of La Raza announced July 9 that THE WAY – the powerful and inspirational story from writer/director Emilio Estevez – has earned three nominations for 2012 American Latino Media Arts (ALMA) Awards®. The film is nominated in the Favorite Movie category, and star Martin Sheen is nominated in the Favorite Movie Actor category. Estevez, who co-starred, is nominated in the Favorite Movie Actor – Supporting Role category. THE WAY earned more than $4.4 million during its theatrical run, and is now available on Blu-ray and DVD.
Fans decide the winners through online voting that is open now through Sept. 7 at http://almaawards2012.com/. Fans may vote once daily in a variety of film, TV and music categories. NBC will air the 2012 ALMA Awards® at 8 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. CT Sept. 21.
In THE WAY, Tom (Sheen) is an irascible American doctor who comes to France to deal with the tragic loss of his son (Estevez). Rather than returning home, Tom decides to embark on the historical pilgrimage, “The Way of St. James,” to honor his son’s desire to finish the journey. What Tom doesn’t plan on is the profound impact this trip will have on him. Through unexpected and oftentimes amusing experiences along “The Way,” Tom discovers the difference between “the life we live and the life we choose.”
Blu-ray/DVD bonus features include commentary by Sheen, Estevez and producer David Alexanian; Camino Americana: Taking The Way On The Road; Pilgrimage: Behind The Camera; Father & Son: Uncovering The Characters; and Along the Way: The Journey of a Father and Son – a dual memoir by Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez.
Visit http://theway-themovie.com/ for more information.
Visit http://almaawards2012.com to vote.
http://maxondeadline.com/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
The Way, ALMA Awards, Emilio Estevez, Martin Sheen, The Way of St. James
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist
- Surfer Bear Woznick to Appear on the CatholicTV Network
- Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address
- Scott Hahn headlines May 25 seminar at Christ the King Parish, Lombard, IL