Ignatius Press offers YOUCAT in Spanish
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032,
Publisher offers world’s best-selling Catholic book to U.S. in second language
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (July 12, 2012 – Ignatius Press is now offering YOUCAT – the Youth Catechism of the Catholic Church and the best-selling Catholic book in the world – to the U.S. market in English and Spanish editions. The Ignatius Press Spanish edition of YOUCAT is available now at http://www.ignatius.com/IProducts/162307/youcat-espanol.aspx
In his foreword to YOUCAT, Pope Benedict XVI urges readers to “study this Catechism with passion and perseverance.” The book’s amazing, global popularity – with more than 2 million copies already sold around the globe – suggests that millions of Catholics have embraced the Holy Father’s call.
“If you look at America’s Catholic population, having this invaluable and important book available in Spanish seems imperative,” said Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley. “In 33 states, Catholics represent the highest percentage of residents. Among those, more than 30 percent of those living in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas identify as Catholics. “We believe these and other areas with significant Hispanic populations will benefit tremendously from having YOUCAT available in Spanish,” Brumley added. “It is quickly becoming the go-to book for young people to deepen their faith. Pastors, school teachers, and catechists are using it in their religious education classes and Confirmation programs. Parents, grandparents, and godparents are buying it as a gift for young people. YOUCAT is an outstanding gift to the Church."
YOUCAT adapts the content of the Catechism of the Catholic Church to a format intended to engage young people and young adults. It is an accessible and contemporary expression of the Catholic Faith, and served as the official Youth Catechism of 2011 World Youth Day in Madrid.
• Doctrine – What Catholics believe;
• The Sacraments – How Catholics celebrate the mysteries of the faith;
• Moral Life – How Catholics are to live;
• Prayer and Spirituality – How Catholics should pray.
YOUCAT’s attractive format includes questions and answers, highly-readable commentary, margin photos and illustrations, summary definitions of key terms, Bible citations and quotes from the Saints and other great teachers. The questions are direct and honest, even at times tough; the answers straightforward, relevant and compelling.
For more information about YOUCAT, to request a review copy in English or Spanish, or to schedule an interview with Ignatius Press Editor Jesuit Fr. Joseph Fessio or Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley, please contact Kevin Wandra with The Maximus Group at 678-990-9032 or email KWandra@MaximusMG.com.
http://maxondeadline.com/youcat/press-releases/spanish-edition-press-release/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
YOUCAT, Ignatius Press, Youth Catechism of the Catholic Church, Pope Benedict XVI, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults
- Pray for a G20 leader a day