Missionaries of the Poor to Benefit From New Initiative By The Catholic Company
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (July 5, 2012) - The Missionaries of the Poor, an international monastic order that runs free mission homes throughout the world, will now receive financial support through a new initiative launched last month by The Catholic Company in their June catalog mailer. The fundraiser initiative is slated to continue in their upcoming August catalog. The fundraiser will also continue to be promoted throughout the summer on The Catholic Company social media channels such as Google+, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Throughout the months of June and August, The Catholic Company will donate $0.25 every time someone uses their smartphone to scan the Missionaries of the Poor “QR code” displayed in The Catholic Company August catalog mailer. Each donation will then be matched by generous donors. “With the help of our customers, we can create awareness for the Missionaries of the Poor and the incredible work they do, in addition to offering them much needed financial support. With the generosity of our matching donors, this initiative has the potential for a great outcome,” says Nicholas Cole, VP of E-Commerce.
Known primarily by its original mission in Kingston, Jamaica, the Missionaries of the Poor now have 550 brothers serving in nine missions around the world. The Catholic Company has long been a supporter of the Missionaries of the Poor and their dedication to building family, and community, and a place to belong for the poorest and most disadvantaged members of society. One of these missions is based in Monroe, North Carolina—only minutes from The Catholic Company's headquarters in Charlotte—which is why The Catholic Company often finds unique ways to donate to this important organization.
If you don't receive The Catholic Company free catalog mailer, request a catalog here. A free QR code scanner for your mobile device can be download here. Once you scan the QR code, a $0.25 donation will be matched and the funds directed to help The Missionaries of the Poor image Christ to the most marginalized and disadvantaged members of their communities.
About The Catholic Company:
The Catholic Company is a leading online Catholic retailer. With an inventory of over 18,000 products, The Catholic Company sells Catholic books and other educational resources, Catholic Bibles and Bible study tools, Catholic art and jewelry, and much more. They also carry great personalized Catholic gifts for every Sacrament, as well as seasonal gift ideas for Advent and Christmas.
The Catholic Company`
http://www.catholiccompany.com NC, 28241-7445 US
G. Filz - Copywriter / SEO Analyst,
The Catholic Company, Missionaries of the Poor, The Catholic Company Catalog
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance