Catholic Clergy Join in Rosary Relay for Priests by WorldPriest
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARYSVILLE, PA (June 7, 2012) - Over 500 priests and deacons of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy endorse WORLD PRIEST DAY 2012 and its ROSARY RALLY FOR PRIESTS sponsored by WorldPriest.com around the globe. “The connection between the Rosary and the Priesthood is indispensable. From Saint Dominic to Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI, Holy Mother Church has consistently and traditionally encouraged the faithful to pray for priests” said Mr. Thomas J. McKenna, Executive Director of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy.
This monumental event of coordinating the praying of the Rosary in 60 shrines in 60 countries in 24 hours includes Raymond Cardinal Burke praying the Sorrowful Mysteries himself. Spanning continents and countries, millions will be united in saying the traditional Marian prayer asking her to bless her ordained men all over the world. Popes, Ecumenical Councils and Saints have always spoken of the necessity of promoting and seeking priestly sanctity. The Rosary Rally and World Priest Day 2012 are one poignant way to assist that endeavor.
“I urge all my ordained brothers to join me in praying this rosary for ourselves and our brethren all over the world. At this time in history, we priests NEED to pray more and we need our lay brothers and sisters to pray for us so we can become better and holier priests so as to better serve God and His Church” (Rev. Fr. John Trigilio, Jr., PhD, President of the American CCC). Priests are the local teachers of faith, shepherds of souls and celebrants of the sacred liturgy. Personal holiness is as vital as is orthodox doctrine and reverent worship. People deserve holy clergy and one way to help is to actually pray for the sanctification of the ordained. Who better to seek intercession from than the Virgin Mary, Queen of Clergy and Mother of Priests herself?
A national association of priests and deacons, the CCC (with fraternal connections to the Australian CCC and British CCC) promotes ongoing spiritual, theological and pastoral formation of the clergy with total fidelity to the Magisterium and complete loyalty to the Roman Pontiff under the maternal patronage of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy. (www.catholic-clergy.org)
Confraternity of Catholic Clergy
http://www.catholicclergy.net/press-releases/rosary-rally/ PA, 17053 US
Fr. John Trigilio - President, 717-957-2662
confraternity, catholic, clergy, priests, deacons, rosary, relay, worldpriest
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?