Catholic Clergy Join in Rosary Relay for Priests by WorldPriest
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARYSVILLE, PA (June 7, 2012) - Over 500 priests and deacons of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy endorse WORLD PRIEST DAY 2012 and its ROSARY RALLY FOR PRIESTS sponsored by WorldPriest.com around the globe. “The connection between the Rosary and the Priesthood is indispensable. From Saint Dominic to Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI, Holy Mother Church has consistently and traditionally encouraged the faithful to pray for priests” said Mr. Thomas J. McKenna, Executive Director of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy.
This monumental event of coordinating the praying of the Rosary in 60 shrines in 60 countries in 24 hours includes Raymond Cardinal Burke praying the Sorrowful Mysteries himself. Spanning continents and countries, millions will be united in saying the traditional Marian prayer asking her to bless her ordained men all over the world. Popes, Ecumenical Councils and Saints have always spoken of the necessity of promoting and seeking priestly sanctity. The Rosary Rally and World Priest Day 2012 are one poignant way to assist that endeavor.
“I urge all my ordained brothers to join me in praying this rosary for ourselves and our brethren all over the world. At this time in history, we priests NEED to pray more and we need our lay brothers and sisters to pray for us so we can become better and holier priests so as to better serve God and His Church” (Rev. Fr. John Trigilio, Jr., PhD, President of the American CCC). Priests are the local teachers of faith, shepherds of souls and celebrants of the sacred liturgy. Personal holiness is as vital as is orthodox doctrine and reverent worship. People deserve holy clergy and one way to help is to actually pray for the sanctification of the ordained. Who better to seek intercession from than the Virgin Mary, Queen of Clergy and Mother of Priests herself?
A national association of priests and deacons, the CCC (with fraternal connections to the Australian CCC and British CCC) promotes ongoing spiritual, theological and pastoral formation of the clergy with total fidelity to the Magisterium and complete loyalty to the Roman Pontiff under the maternal patronage of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy. (www.catholic-clergy.org)
Confraternity of Catholic Clergy
http://www.catholicclergy.net/press-releases/rosary-rally/ PA, 17053 US
Fr. John Trigilio - President, 717-957-2662
confraternity, catholic, clergy, priests, deacons, rosary, relay, worldpriest
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae