Logos for Catholics produces most comprehensive Catechism to date
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Catholic division of Logos Bible Software announces digital Catechism of the Catholic Church, complete with foundational texts and their links
BELLINGHAM, WA (May 30, 2012) - The Catholic division of Logos Bible Software has produced a new fully searchable digital version of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, representing the most advanced and comprehensive edition ever, which allows seamless movement from a footnote to the precise passage in the cited source, enabling a deeper understanding of Church teachings and Doctrines.
Logos has responded to the Vatican’s request for a renewed commitment to the Catechism with an exceptional version, released in time for of the Year of Faith, which begins October 11, 2012. Logos will transform the way Catholics study the Faith.
The Vatican has called for deeper study of the Catechism and the Documents of Vatican II, as well as “the wider distribution of these texts through electronic means and modern technologies,” wrote William Cardinal Levada, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith, in his pastoral recommendations for the Year of Faith. “The Year of Faith will offer a special opportunity for all believers to deepen their knowledge of the primary documents of the Second Vatican Council and their study of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.”
Logos’ Catechism of the Catholic Church covers 95 percent of the references to auxiliary documents in a simple, accessible format. With Logos’s mobile apps, this functionality can be taken anywhere, and the system’s cloud-based technology automatically syncs all other devices accessed by the user. Logos Bible Software also allows the user to highlight and take notes in the text, which can be shared across social network platforms.
For more information on this project, visit ScriptureStudySoftware.com/catechism.
Logos is the leading provider of multilingual tools and resources for Bible study on Macs, PCs and mobile devices. Logos has served pastors, scholars and everyone who wants to study the Bible since 1992, partnering with 150 publishers to offer more than 23,000 Christian ebooks to users in 210 countries.
Contact Logos Catholic division: 360-527-1700 x5195, Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ScriptureStudySoftware.com
http://www.scripturestudysoftware.com/catechism WA, 98225 US
Catholic Logos - ,
Catechism, Catechism of the Catholic Church, Year of Faith, software, Catholic, Scripture, study
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary