Pope Benedict gives blessing to seminar critically assessing the “Theory of Evolution”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Evolution and Pope Benedict
DUBLIN, IE (May 25, 2012) - Pope Benedict has given a Vatican Apostolic Blessing to a recent seminar which questioned the certainy of Darwin’s theory of evolution. This seminar took place in the latter half of 2009 in Austria, and is seen as a welcome development among some Catholics who are concerned by the moral collapse of the western society.
A conference called “Evolutionary Theory and Science” was hosted by Rector Count von Brandenstein-Zeppelin of the Gustav-Siewerth-Akademie in Weilheim-Bierbronnen. The rector requested a papal observer to attend, but was declined. However the Vatican Secretary of State Monsignor Peter B. Wells communicated in a letter to the rector the requested Apostolic Blessing from Pope Benedict XVI which was given. The seminar has since been pubished in book form (late 2011), and has deliberations from many qualified Catholic scientists, theologians and philosophers, such as Hugh Owen of the Kolbe Center, Dominique Tassot, Lee M. Spetner, all who are at odds with the largely non-Catholic scientists employed by the Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Science. The Papal Academy of Science advised Pope John Paul II on discoveries allegedly supporting the theory of evolution. The book also contains a copy of the Apostolic Blessing from Pope Benedict.
Copies can be obtained from the Rector Count von Brandenstein-Zeppelin by posting to this address or contacting the number provided:
Gustav Siewerth Akademie
D 79809 Weilheim
Telefon: 077 55 / 364 – Telefax: 077 55 / 80109
Bankverbindung : Volksbank Hochrhein Waldshut
(BLZ 684 922 00) Kto-Nr. 20 998 02
Daylight Origins Society
http://daylightorigins.com/blog/?p=65 , Dublin 15 IE
Gearoid Spainneach - webmaster, 00353859093190
Evolution and Pope Benedict XVI
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life
- One of the Great Overlooked Dramas of the Nazi Era
- Every Day is a Holiday in the Catholic Church!
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature