YOUCAT - Bestselling Catholic book in the world!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032,
Youth Catechism passes 1.7 million in global sales; also No. 1 in U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (April 16, 2012) - In his foreword to YOUCAT - the Youth Catechism of the Catholic Church - Pope Benedict XVI urges readers to "study this Catechism with passion and perseverance." The book's amazing, global popularity suggests that millions of Catholics have embraced the Holy Father's call.
YOUCAT now ranks as the best-selling Catholic book in the world, with more than 1.7 million copies already sold around the globe. Not surprisingly, the Youth Catechism is at the top of Catholic-book sales rankings in America, Germany and Spain. Ignatius Press published the English-language edition of YOUCAT for the U.S.
"1.7 million copies sold worldwide - but that's just the beginning," said Fr. Joseph Fessio, S.J., founder and editor of Ignatius Press. "Young people are evangelizing their peers as well as deepening their own faith."
"It's been challenging at times to keep YOUCAT in stock," said Ignatius President Mark Brumley. "YOUCAT is quickly becoming the go-to book for young people to deepen their faith. Pastors, school teachers, and catechists are using it in their religious education classes and Confirmation programs. Parents, grandparents, and godparents are buying it as a gift for young people. YOUCAT is an outstanding gift to the Church."
And work is continuing to expand the reach and impact of this landmark book. "A special institute in Germany, staffed by young Catholics, is organizing international study groups and preparing new YOUCAT-centered activities and publications," Fr. Fessio said. "Like its big brother, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, YOUCAT isn't a one-time publication. It's a point of reference for young people around the world and a cornerstone of the New Evangelization."
YOUCAT adapts the content of the Catechism of the Catholic Church to a format intended to engage young people and young adults. It is an accessible and contemporary expression of the Catholic Faith, and served as the official Youth Catechism of 2011 World Youth Day in Madrid.
• Doctrine - What Catholics believe;
• The Sacraments - How Catholics celebrate the mysteries of the faith;
• Moral Life - How Catholics are to live;
• Prayer and Spirituality - How Catholics should pray.
YOUCAT's attractive format includes questions and answers, highly-readable commentary, margin photos and illustrations, summary definitions of key terms, Bible citations and quotes from the Saints and other great teachers. The questions are direct and honest, even at times tough; the answers straightforward, relevant and compelling.
For more information about YOUCAT, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Ignatius Press Editor Jesuit Fr. Joseph Fessio or Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley, please contact Kevin Wandra with The Maximus Group at 678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com.
http://maxondeadline.com/youcat-bestselling-catholic-book-in-the-world/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
YOUCAT, Youth Catechism, Ignatius Press, Mark Brumley, Fr. Joseph Fessio
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart