The CatholicTV® Network to Exhibit at the Archdiocese of Boston Catechetical Congress
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (March 19, 2012) – The CatholicTV® Network to Exhibit at the Archdiocese of Boston Catechetical Congress
On March 24, 2012, the CatholicTV Network is set to exhibit and participate at the upcoming Archdiocesan Catechetical Congress taking place at Boston College High School, Dorchester, MA.
The Congress will begin the day with Mass presided by Cardinal Seán P. O'Malley, OFM with music by the Archdiocesan Black Catholic Choir. Over 24 workshops in English, Portuguese and Spanish will be offered throughout the day. The keynote speaker at the Archdiocesan Catechetical Congress will be Bishop Richard Malone.
Bishop Richard Malone, a native son of Salem, Massachusetts, is the 11th Bishop of Portland, Maine. A graduate of Saint John's Prep, Danvers and Saint John's Seminary, Boston, Bishop Malone was ordained in 1972 by Cardinal Humberto Medeiros. In 1981 then Father Malone earned his Doctorate in Theology from Boston University and in 1990 his Licentiate in Sacred Theology from Weston Jesuit School of Theology in Cambridge. Bishop Malone was Professor of Theology at Saint John's Seminary and chaplain at Harvard University. He was named Director of the Office of Religious Education in 1993 and later appointed Cabinet Secretary for Education for the Archdiocese of Boston. In March, 2000 he was ordained Bishop and appointed Auxiliary Bishop, Archdiocese of Boston, South Region. Bishop Malone was installed as Bishop of Portland, Maine on March 31, 2004. He is a member and immediate past Chair of the Bishops Committee on Evangelization and Catechesis for the United states Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Workshop sessions include “The Mass is Boring? No Way! We've Got to Talk!” presented by CatholicTV’s own Fr. Dan O’Connell, Saint Joseph Parish, West End. This workshop will focus on ways religious educators can teach children to appreciate and love the Mass; making it come alive.
To learn more about the Archdiocesan Catechetical Congress visit: www.rc.net/boston/religiouseducation.
About the CatholicTV® Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02472 US
Shannon Muldoon- Public Relations Coordinator – 617-923-0220
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Archdiocese of Boston, Catechetical Congress
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources