Br. Emmanuel from Taize, France visiting Los Angeles
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LOS ANGELES, CA (March 9, 2012) - From May 25 to 28, 2012, the weekend of Pentecost, there will be a Pilgrimage of Trust in Chicago organized by the Community of Taizé (France).
Three brothers from Taizé (Br. John, Br. Emile and Br. Emmanuel) are already in Chicago and have begun to organize this event that will impact the youth and Church in the United States.
You may find information on this event, videos, and interviews with the Brothers to better understand this upcoming event in Chicago, at the following website:
To prepare for this experience in Chicago, and to prepare the youth of Los Angeles and Southern California to discover the spirituality of Taizé and motivate them to participate, one of the Brothers of Taizé (Brother Emmanuel) will be with us (at St. Sebastian) from Wednesday, March 28th to Monday, April 2nd. Brother Emmanuel has just written a remarkable book (“Love, Imperfectly Known”. -Beyond Spontaneous representations of God-. 2011) about the random projections we make of God and that may impede us from discovering His true image, which is nothing but Love. The book is currently available in English and will soon be available in Spanish.
Meeting dates, times, and locations for prayers and conferences organized with Brother Emmanuel will be published in the parish bulletin, on the parish website www.stsebastianla.org, and in the newsletter of the Los Angeles Archdiocese.
For our city and our parish, it's an honor to have a Brother of Taizé with us for a full week to share his faith through the prayer that we will organize together and through the teaching sessions that he will offer us to help us grow in faith by means of prayer.
The youth of the world find in Taizé and in the prayer offered by its Brothers a moment of peace and truth and a connection to God. It is difficult to describe the beauty and depth of the prayer of Taizé. One simply has to experience it to discover that there are prayers capable of transforming our inner selves and of creating, through this encounter with God, a fountain and source of extraordinary strength to live in peace and confidence.
All are invited and welcome!
Fr. Germán March 2012
The Taizé Community is currently renowned worldwide for its simple, repetitive, graceful prayers in multiple languages. You can find additional information on Taize at the following website:
http://stsebastianla.org CA, 90025 US
Mayra Torres - Secretary,
Taize, Pilgrimage of Trust, taize prayer, Taize community
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart