New Album Offers Bilingual Soundtrack for Contemporary Ministry
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (March 8, 2012) - OCP’s contemporary music division, spiritandsong.com has announced the release of the Santiago Fernández and Jesse Manibusan’s bilingual, contemporary album, Unidos—just in time for the largest Religious Education conference in the nation, the Los Angeles RE Congress.
Sharing a desire to bring people together through music and worship, Santiago and Jesse created the 7-track album full of bilingual songs to inspire faith both outside and within the Catholic Liturgy.
“Santiago and I have a passion for building bridges” said composer Jesse Manibusan. ”We're hopeful that the music we've written together will help folks respond to the call for oneness in Christ in both music and liturgy, but even more importantly, in our day-to-day living.”
Amid musical stylings varying from Spanish rhumba and bolero to traditional ballads and Latin rock, an early favorite track has emerged: “Voice Infusing Life/Voz Que Infunde Vida.” Commissioned as the official theme song of the RE Congress—March 22-25 in Anaheim CA—the track features powerful vocals and soul-stirring lyrics that serve as proof that a simple song can truly transform a life for Christ.
Manibusan said, “The role of music in liturgy is primarily to inspire the hearts, voices and lives of the faithful for prayer, thanksgiving and service—inside and especially outside the walls of the Church. It doesn't matter what culture, ethnicity or age group, if music draws our hearts to Christ and makes us ready for service, then we're on track.”
Whether used for personal enjoyment or as musical accompaniment for ministry groups, Unidos features an eclectic fusion of sound and culture—a playlist for today’s intercultural Christian Ministry.
The digital playlist of Unidos is available on iTunes and the full album can be purchased at spiritandsong.com or during LA Congress at the OCP/spiritandsong.com booth.
Both Santiago and Jesse will be available for interviews and comments during Congress. Please contact, Erin McClellan at 503.460.5363, firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.
spiritandsong.com, a division of OCP, offers the latest releases by both big-name artists and emerging new talents. OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 80 years. Worship materials produced by OCP are used in thousands of churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. More information is available at 1-800-548-8749 and ocp.org. Facebook.com/OCPmusic
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.spiritandsong.com OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, spiritandsong.com, congress, hispanic, worship, music, youth, lifeteen
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart