Choral ensemble Renaissance Featured at Gaudium Musicae
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (February 15, 2012) - St. Ann Catholic Church is pleased to announce the next concert in the second season of Gaudium Musicae to be held on Sunday, March 11, 2012, featuring the choral ensemble Renaissance, directed by Robert Pritchard. A reception featuring hors d'oeuvres by Gabriele Grigolon, chef at Luce Restaurant and wife Janet will follow the concert, giving listeners an opportunity to meet and mingle with the performers.
Renaissance is a select group of three dozen singers that perform on a volunteer basis in Charlotte and the surrounding region. The choral group sings short-form classical music from all periods and genres. The hour-long concert will start at 4:00pm in St. Ann Catholic Church, 3635 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209.
The final concert this season is on May 6, 2012 featuring Viva Klezmer!
Single concert tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for students and children 12 years old or under are free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.StAnnCharlotte.org, after Masses in the St. Ann’s Parish office or at the door. Sponsorships are available for each of the concerts. Please contact the parish office at 704-523-4641 ext. 221 for information.
For more than 50 years St. Ann Catholic Church has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community. Parishioners endeavor to support one another as we grow together in faith and holiness. We offer the ordinary and extraordinary (Latin) forms of Mass and strive to reconnect with the rich heritage of the Catholic Church by regularly utilizing Gregorian chant, polyphony and other historically significant music. The Gaudium Musicae series is designed to support exceptional, primarily local musicians by providing an acoustically excellent, intimate venue for performance and to present diverse programming.
http://www.stanncharlotte.org/ NC, 28209 US
St. Ann Catholic Church - , 704-523-4641
Choral ensemble Renaissance, Gaudium Musicae, St. Ann Catholic Church
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards