‘October Baby’ advance screenings draw standing-room crowds with affirming take on tough topic
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Alexis Walkenstein, 561-445-5409, or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032, or
Award-Winning Film Garners Raves From Notable Preview Audiences; ‘A Remarkable Movie,’ ’Profoundly Beautiful,’ ‘A Film for Our Times’
NASHVILLE, TN (Feburary 9, 2012) – OCTOBER BABY, an award-winning, life-affirming film, is riding a wave of rave responses as it approaches its March 23 nationwide opening. The movie, the feature-film debut from award-winning co-directors Jon and Andrew Erwin, is also drawing overflow crowds of influencers at advance screenings under way now.
Here is just a sampling of reaction from organization and church leaders after seeing OCTOBER BABY:
• “OCTOBER BABY not only has a beautiful message, it is beautifully made. The film is skillfully crafted to entertain, while inspiring the audience with a message of life, love, forgiveness and hope. It is a gift to all those who have strived for so long to break open the hearts of the masses to the beauty and sanctity of life. OCTOBER BABY is a must-see, masterpiece film for life, so critically needed at this time in history.”
Karen Garnett, Executive Director, Catholic Pro-Life Committee
• “What a remarkable movie. This is a significant story, beautifully told. OCTOBER BABY manages to take a story that begins with loss and grief and weaves together an uplifting and inspiring look at redemption and the true meaning of love. It’s even funny, too. It’s really a wonderful movie.”
Charmaine Yoest, President and CEO, Americans United for Life
• “OCTOBER BABY is a profoundly beautiful story and a powerful testament to the importance of every human life . . . definitely a must-see movie.”
Marjorie Dannenfelser, Founder and President, Susan B. Anthony List
• “OK, I needed about a box of tissue, but I loved this. . . . Kudos for OCTOBER BABY, a movie for my whole family!”
Penny Nance, CEO, Concerned Women for America
• “Not only does it allow for healing and hope for those affected by abortion, it also sheds a positive and reaffirming light on adoption and portrays the adoption process as a positive alternative. . . . This movie is a must-see for anyone in need of post-abortion healing, curious about adoption or searching for another well-done pro-life film.”
Kristan Hawkins, Executive Director, Students for Life of America
• “A film that will break hearts and heal them at the same time.”
OCTOBER BABY follows the dramatic, humorous, romantic story of 19-year-old Hannah, who goes on a road trip to find answers after learning she is adopted and the survivor of an attempted abortion. Offering a life-affirming, uplifting take on an often polarizing topic, OCTOBER BABY is distributed by Provident Films—known for its leadership in the faith film arena with films such as FACING THE GIANTS, COURAGEOUS and FIREPROOF—and Samuel Goldwyn Films, the distributor of FIREPROOF, AMAZING GRACE and FACING THE GIANTS.
OCTOBER BABY shines a light on a real but little-known topic, the survivors of attempted abortions. A statistic few track, survivors themselves say there are thousands of individuals who survived attempted abortions. Many of these survivors have grown up to speak out on life-related issues.
“There are more of us than what most people realize,” said Gianna Jessen, an attempted abortion survivor who speaks nationally on the subject. “I am contacted regularly by survivors who heard or saw me on a show or when I speak, and they discover that they are not alone. In just the past two weeks, I have been contacted by two more survivors. I suspect that OCTOBER BABY may have an effect on other survivors coming out, which is exciting.”
Jessen is among women personally touched by the issues raised in OCTOBER BABY appearing in a special video conclusion for advance screenings of the movie. Like the film itself, the women’s stories are touching audience members.
Additionally, OCTOBER BABY is drawing wide support from organizations concerned about family issues including partners such as American Family Association, Bethany Christian Services, Care Net, Concerned Women for America, FamilyLife, Focus on the Family, Hope for Orphans and many others.
The film stars newcomer Rachel Hendrix as Hannah and features John Schneider (Smallville, The Dukes of Hazzard) and Jasmine Guy (A Different World) along with Jason Burkey and American Idol finalist Chris Sligh in his feature film debut. The film earned the Grand Jury Prize as the Best Fiction Feature at the 2011 Red Rock Film Festival, with Hendrix claiming the Special Achievement Award for Acting.
In support of the film’s life-affirming theme, the producers of OCTOBER BABY have assigned 10 percent of the profits of the film to the Every Life is Beautiful Fund. The money will be distributed to frontline organizations helping women face crisis pregnancies, life-affirming adoption agencies and those caring for orphans.
To learn more, visit: OctoberBabyMovie.net
And visit the Maximus newsroom for:
OCTOBER BABY Synopsis
OCTOBER BABY Backgrounder
OCTOBER BABY Fact Sheet
OCTOBER BABY Bios
For interviews, contact: Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com) with The Maximus Group.
About Provident Films ProvidentFilms.org
Provident Films, a division of Provident Music Group, develops, produces and markets faith-based films. Nashville-based Provident Music Group, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, has been one of the world’s leading Christian entertainment companies for more than three decades.
About Samuel Goldwyn Films SamuelGoldwynFilms.com
Samuel Goldwyn Films is a major, independently owned and operated motion-picture company. The company develops, produces and distributes innovative feature films and documentaries, working with world renowned and emerging writers and filmmakers. Goldwyn is consistently committed to filmed entertainment offering original voices in uniquely told stories.
http://maxondeadline.com/october-babyadvance-screenings/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
October Baby, pro-life, Catholic, Provident Films, Samuel Goldwyn Films, Gianna Jessen
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9