Don’t lace up to ‘Race for the Cure’ just yet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032 or
Komen decision to de-fund Planned Parenthood not without questions
SAN FRANCISCO, CA February 2, 2012) – News broke Jan. 31 that the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation has severed ties with Planned Parenthood because of a pending Congressional investigation – costing the nation’s largest abortion provider Komen-generated grants worth more than a half-million dollars annually. Bestselling author Teresa Tomeo suggests that pro-lifers across the country take the news with a grain of salt – for now.
“While pro-lifers should be thanking the Komen foundation for at least temporarily halting its Planned Parenthood funding, it is too soon to be lacing up the Reeboks and the Sketchers for several reasons,” Tomeo said. “Firstly, a Komen spokeswoman told Fox News on Jan. 31 that ‘we want to maintain a positive relationship with them.’ Komen also said any future grants to Planned Parenthood depend on the outcome of the Congressional investigation currently being conducted. This means that if pro-life citizens and organizations begin supporting Komen now, it could come back to haunt us in the future. The spokeswoman also told Fox that Komen was ‘not making any judgment’ on Planned Parenthood. In other words, they have yet to look at the many problems with the overall agenda of Planned Parenthood.
“Even more importantly,” Tomeo added, “Komen has yet to come clean on the well-documented connection between oral contraceptives and increased breast cancer risks as well as the abortion-breast cancer (ABC) link. We should educate before we donate – and take the opportunity to share important information with Komen.”
In her book EXTREME MAKEOVER, available now from Ignatius Press, Tomeo digs deep into the reasons why today’s media culture targets everyone with pervasive, toxic messages that misinform women. She advocates an “extreme media makeover” that will enable women, children and families to rid themselves of the toxic words and images that bombard them daily, and instead embrace the truth about themselves and their dignity.
To schedule an interview with Tomeo or to request a review copy of EXTREME MAKEOVER, contact Tim Lilley (TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra (KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group at 678-990-9032, or at the email addresses above.
http://maxondeadline.com/extreme-makeover/race-for-the-cure/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Teresa Tomeo, Extreme Makeover, Susan G. Komen, Planned Parenthood, abortion
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Defending Traditional Marriage: Dr. Ryan Anderson Presents Marriage and the State
- Catawba River Baroque Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- DUFFY BOOK GIVES HOPE TO DIVORCED CATHOLICS
- Walsh University Hosts Third Annual Catholic Schools Photo Contest
- Internationally Published Author, Chris Benguhe Releases his Latest Book, The Best of A Better View.
- Power and Purpose Summer Conference
- Former Planned Parenthood employee is Redeemed by Grace
- The Third Edition of Clean of Heart is Now Available Through Createspace
- Thu, Mar 19, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Charles Lueras, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Media Alert: Live Web Chat With Former Planned Parenthood Manager Ramona Treviño