Dominican University Siena Center hosts "Conversations with Dominican Theologians"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
River Forest, IL (January 31, 2012) - Dominican University's own theology professors Richard Woods, O.P., and Clodagh Weldon will present "Conversations with Dominican Theologians" for the Siena Center on Tuesday, February 28, at 5:00 p.m. in the Lewis Lounge of Lewis Hall on Dominican's Main Campus, 7900 W. Division Street, River Forest.
Both Woods and Weldon have recently published books on significant historical figures. Woods' book Meister Eckhart: Master of Mystics, published in 2011 by Continuum, bridges the medieval teachings of Eckhart and issues of our own turbulent times, including climate change, detachment and pain and suffering.
Weldon is co-editor of Teaching Jung, a volume published in 2011 by Oxford University Press that features original articles from several of the world's leading scholars on the significance and challenges of the famed psychologist's contributions to human religiosity.
Woods is a Dominican priest and professor of theology at Dominican University with scholarly interests ranging from religious philosophy to eco-theology and health and nutrition. A preeminent scholar of Eckhart, he is a member of the editorial board of Medieval Mystical Theology, the official journal of the Eckhart Society. He also previously chaired the Eckhart Society. He holds a PhD in the philosophy of religion from Loyola University Chicago and previously taught at that university as well as its medical school and Oxford University.
Weldon is a professor of theology in Dominican's department of theology and pastoral ministry. A native of Blackpool, England, she holds bachelor's master's and doctoral degrees in theology from Oxford University, where she in 2010 served as a visiting research scholar at Blackfriars Hall. A member of the Dominican faculty since 2000, she previously authored Victor White OP: The Story of Jung's White Raven, the definitive volume on the Dominican theologian and intellectual sparring partner of Jung.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Siena Center at (708) 714-9105.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/january/article_0012.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
Richard Woods, Clodagh Weldon, Carl Jung, Meister Echarkt, lecture, Dominican
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart