Gusten y Vean/Taste and See: music to enrich bilingual worship
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR / DALLAS, TX (January 26, 2012) - One of Hispanic Catholic music's most respected composers, Mary Frances Reza's newest album, Gusten y Vean/Taste and See has been released at this year's South West Liturgical Conference (SWLC) in Dallas, Tex.
Of her new release, Reza says, "my music has been published in a variety of collections, but this is the first time the selections are on one CD. Influenced and inspired by Roman Catholic Hispanic heritage and imbued with an active liturgical life, the tracks of this album represent the same spirit that informs my everyday being."
Blending Spanish, Mexican and Native American styles, the album is the epitome of New Mexico culture. Whether listeners are looking for bilingual titles to unite their community or a Mass setting to engage their Spanish-speaking assembly, Gusten y Vean/Taste and See offers a variety of songs to enrich worship in the bilingual Catholic community.
"OCP is overjoyed to be working such an influential composer as Mary Frances Reza" says OCP's associate director of Hispanic Ministries Ana Victoria Demezas. "Her music, especially the psalms on this CD, brings meaning to the actions involved in Catholic worship. They sing of God's goodness and remind us of his saving grace."
Gusten y Vean/Taste and See will be available for sale at the OCP booth at SWLC. Those that cannot attend the event will still be able to listen to and/or purchase a copy at OCP.org.
For more information about Mary Frances Reza, Gusten y Vean/Taste and See or to schedule and interview please contact Erin McClellan at 503.460.5363 or email@example.com.
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 80 years. Worship programs produced by OCP are used in two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. More information is available at 1-800-LITURGY (548-8749) and ocp.org. Find OCP on facebook at facebook.com/OCPmusic.
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.ocpenespanol.org OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, Mary Frances Reza, Taste and See, Hispanic worship music, Misa Santa Fe
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary