The CatholicTV® Network Available to Patients at Massachusetts General Hospital
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (January 26, 2012) The CatholicTV® Network Available to Patients at Massachusetts General Hospital
The CatholicTV® Network is pleased to announce that Massachusetts General Hospital will offer spiritual programming from the CatholicTV® Network to patients, families and staff at the hospital.
At MGH, the availability for spiritual and religious needs is an important part of caring for the whole person. To respond to these needs, the hospital will now offer the services and programming from CatholicTV. The MGH Chaplaincy Department is committed to providing spiritual care to patients and families, to the staff and to the institution as a whole, and Ministry is available to people of all faiths as well as to those of no specific religious affiliation. Those who choose will now have Catholic programming available to them 24 hour a days, 7 days a week.
"For many patients and families, a vital part of the healing process involves tending to their spiritual needs, and we are committed to offering the breadth of resources to support, nurture, and comfort all those who come here for care”, said Michael McElhinny, M.Div., Director of MGH Chaplaincy. “In that spirit, MGH is adding CatholicTV programming to its television package."
The Director of the Office of Health Care Ministry for the Archdiocese of Boston, Deacon James F. Greer, supports pastoral care to patients and their families within health care facilities. When asked about the new available programming at MGH, Deacon Greer expressed the importance of spiritual guidance as a form of healing. With the CatholicTV® Network available to 1,260 patients, the Gospel and Jesus' example of compassionate concern for the sick and vulnerable will be an option.
The CatholicTV® Network is also carried by the Caritas Christi Hospitals in the Archdiocese of Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, and the Faulkner Hospital.
The learn more about CatholicTV visit: www.CatholicTV.com.
About the CatholicTV® Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02472 US
Shannon Muldoon- Public Relations Coordinator – 617-923-0220
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.catholictv.com/MGH MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Massachusetts General Hospital, Archdiocese of Boston
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards