The CatholicTV® Network to air the Youth Rally & Mass for Life
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (January 19, 2011) The CatholicTV® Network to air the Youth Rally & Mass for Life
On January 23, 2012, the CatholicTV Network will air coverage from March for Life in Washington, D.C. The coverage includes the Youth Rally and Mass hosted by the Archdiocese of Washington Pro-Life Office. To learn more about the work of the office please visit: http://site.adw.org/
For the second year in a row, the annual Youth Rally and Mass for Life will be held at two arenas in Washington due to the overwhelming demand to attend. More than 28,000 Catholic teens and young adults from around the world will fill the Verizon Center and the D.C. Armory. The Youth Rally and Mass for Life mark the anniversary of the 1973 Supreme Court decision, Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion in the United States.
Groups from 97 dioceses around the country, and as far away as the Virgin Islands and Australia will be represented at the two sites this year. Catholic recording artists Apex Ministries, Jacob and Matthew Band, Joia Farmer, Jackie Francois and Ike Ndolo will perform for the crowds during the morning rallies. Nearly 200 priests between the two venues will hear confessions.
Cardinal Donald Wuerl, Archbishop of Washington, will be joined by cardinals, bishops and hundreds of priests from around the United States in celebrating Mass at the Verizon Center. Monsignor Charles Pope, pastor of Holy Comforter-St. Cyprian in Washington, D.C, will deliver the homily. At the D.C. Armory, Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, Archbishop of Galveston-Houston, will celebrate the Mass and the homily will be given by Rev. Greg Shaffer, chaplain at George Washington University. For the first time this year, there will be a satellite link between the two arenas so the two rallies will be interactive.
Following the Mass, the bishops, priests and the youth will participate in the National March for Life to the United States Supreme Court, which starts at noon on the National Mall. Last year there were over 400,000 participants in the March for Life.
The events can be seen on the CatholicTV Monday, January 23, 2012, at 12 PM and 8 PM, or on www.CatholicTV.com.
About the CatholicTV® Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02472 US
Shannon Muldoon- Public Relations Coordinator – 617-923-0220
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.catholictv.com/March/For/Life MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
March for Life, youth, rally
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources