400 Attorney's gather for mock trial on God existence
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MADISON, NJ (January 18, 2012) - On February 8th, from 6-9 PM, St. Paul Inside the Walls, in the diocese of Paterson, NJ., will be hosting a Mock Trial that turns on the existence of God. We have registered over 400 people in the legal profession and some of New Jersey’s top lawyers and Judges will be involved including:
The Honorable Madeline Coz Arleo, Magistrate Judge, US District COurt for the District of New Jersey.
Michael Critchley Sr. Mr. Critchley is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers; the premier professional trial organization in America whose membership is limited to the top 1% of trial attorneys in the country. Mr. Critchley is also a Fellow of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers; Fellow of the American Bar Foundation; Past President and founding member of the New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys; Past President and Founder of Seton Hall University School of Law Inn of Court; Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association Judicial & Prosecutorial Appointments Committee. He also currently serves on the Board of Visitors of Seton Hall University School of Law.
Other participating lawyers and scholars include Thomas Scrivo, Kathleen Murphy, Timothy Donohue, Sherif Girgis-Princeton Rhode Scholar, Athiest Prof. John Lenz Ph. D from Drew University, Brian Honsberger and Allan F. Wright
In addition to the preliminary details, fact pattern/evidentiary issues/burden of proof/constitutional issues to be avoided/etc., we will have expert witnesses on each side of the issue. Prof. John Lenz, Chair of the Classics Department at Drew University and a professed atheist will ague against the existence of God and Yale / Princeton graduate and Oxford Rhodes Scholar Sherif Girgis, will argue in favor of Gods existence. Scripture scholar Allan F. Wright and Brian Honsberger will take opposing views on the reliability of scripture.
Bishop Serratelli created St. Paul Inside the Walls, the Catholic Center for Evangelization, in part as a place where the Church can engage the culture in controversial issues of the day. We seek to engage those who may see God and the Church as irrelevant and begin a conversation.
We invite coverage of this event and if you have any questions whatsoever please feel free to contact Fr. Geno Sylva at 973-975-3612
This event is free to all and 2.5 CLE credits will be awarded to those in the legal profession who attend.
St. Paul Inside the Walls
http://insidethewalls.org NJ, 07920 US
Allan Wright - Academic Dean of Evangelization,
Lawyers, attorney, Trial, existence of God, St. Paul Inside the Walls, New Jersey
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- On Juneteenth, national pro-life group is reminded that the aftermath of slavery has not ended
- 20 Lawmakers Call for Criminal Investigation of Late Term Abortionist
- The CatholicTV Network to Air Special Coverage during Fortnight for Freedom
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect John Thomas Folda
- A Catholic Assessment of Evolution Theory – An origins science enhancer
- Running for a Reason: Priest Takes on Ultramarathon
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect David John Walkowiak
- Brave and Steadfast at 2013 Catholic Charismatic Conference
- The CatholicTV Network to air Film, “Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit”
- Catholic Word Publisher Group Welcomes Novo Millennio Press Series