St. Ann Concert to Feature Rhodora Wind Trio
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (December 15, 2011) - St. Ann Catholic Church is pleased to announce the next concert in the second season of Gaudium Musicae to be held on Sunday, January 15, 2012. The featured performance is by the Rhodora Wind Trio, with flutist Amy Orsinger Whitehead, clarinetist Dru DeVan and oboist Hollis Ulaky. The concert will start at 4:00pm in St. Ann Catholic Church, 3635 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. There will be a reception following the concert at which listeners may meet the performers.
Additional concerts will be held on March 11, 2012 with the choral ensemble, Renaissance and conclude on May 6, 2012 with Viva Klezmer!
Single concert tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for students and children 12 years old and under are free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.StAnnCharlotte.org, after Masses in the St. Ann’s Parish office or at the door. Sponsorships are available for each of the concerts. Please contact the parish office at 704-523-4641 ext. 221 for information.
For more than 50 years St. Ann Catholic Church has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community. Parishioners endeavor to support one another as we grow together in faith and holiness. We offer the ordinary and extraordinary (Latin) forms of Mass and strive to reconnect with the rich heritage of the Catholic Church by regularly utilizing Gregorian chant, polyphony and other historically significant music. The Gaudium Musicae series is designed to support exceptional, primarily local musicians by providing an acoustically excellent, intimate venue for performance and to present diverse programming.
http://www.stanncharlotte.org/content/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=373&Itemid=101 NC, 28209 US
St. Ann Catholic Church - , 704-523-4641
concert, flute, clarinet, oboe, Gaudium Musicae, Rhodora Wind Trio, St. Ann Catholic Church
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9