'The Gift of the Magi' presented by Holy Family Productions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ORLANDO, FL (December 5, 2011) - Holy Family Productions will celebrate Christmas with a presentation of "The Gift of the Magi" on December 8 at 8:10pm and from December 9 – 11, 2011 at 7:00pm in the Holy Family Catholic Church Parish Hall.
“The Gift of the Magi”, as adapted by Jon Jory from the original story by O' Henry, is a moving portrayal of love and giving during the hard economic times at the turn of the 20th century. Its themes resonate with our modern condition and reinforce the true spirit of the season. The Holy Family Productions presentation creatively weaves the play's scenes with a cadre of singers performing traditional Christmas carols.
Tickets $5 and will be sold online at http://magi.eventbrite.com/?ref=ebtn and in the Holy Family narthex after mass in the following weeks.
Holy Family Productions is a non-profit Catholic Theatre company located at Holy Family Catholic Church, Orlando, FL, which makes full use of the performing arts by producing new plays and performing classics through innovative interpretations that promote the truth and beauty of the Christian way of life. Past productions include the musicals “Godspell” in spring 2010 and “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” in spring 2011, and A Night of One Acts that include “Check Please”, “The Intruder” and “Test of Faith” in fall 2010.
To purchase tickets and for more information on "The Gift of the Magi" performances, and Holy Family Productions, please visit www.holyfamilyproductions.com.
Holy Family Productions
http://www.holyfamilyproductions.com/#!vstc3=page-6/vstc0=news FL, 32819 US
Mary Seay - Marketing Team,
gift, christmas, magi, theater, art, music, ministry
Lay Orders & Ministries
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults
- Pray for a G20 leader a day