'The Gift of the Magi' presented by Holy Family Productions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ORLANDO, FL (December 5, 2011) - Holy Family Productions will celebrate Christmas with a presentation of "The Gift of the Magi" on December 8 at 8:10pm and from December 9 – 11, 2011 at 7:00pm in the Holy Family Catholic Church Parish Hall.
“The Gift of the Magi”, as adapted by Jon Jory from the original story by O' Henry, is a moving portrayal of love and giving during the hard economic times at the turn of the 20th century. Its themes resonate with our modern condition and reinforce the true spirit of the season. The Holy Family Productions presentation creatively weaves the play's scenes with a cadre of singers performing traditional Christmas carols.
Tickets $5 and will be sold online at http://magi.eventbrite.com/?ref=ebtn and in the Holy Family narthex after mass in the following weeks.
Holy Family Productions is a non-profit Catholic Theatre company located at Holy Family Catholic Church, Orlando, FL, which makes full use of the performing arts by producing new plays and performing classics through innovative interpretations that promote the truth and beauty of the Christian way of life. Past productions include the musicals “Godspell” in spring 2010 and “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” in spring 2011, and A Night of One Acts that include “Check Please”, “The Intruder” and “Test of Faith” in fall 2010.
To purchase tickets and for more information on "The Gift of the Magi" performances, and Holy Family Productions, please visit www.holyfamilyproductions.com.
Holy Family Productions
http://www.holyfamilyproductions.com/#!vstc3=page-6/vstc0=news FL, 32819 US
Mary Seay - Marketing Team,
gift, christmas, magi, theater, art, music, ministry
Lay Orders & Ministries
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?