“Advent at the Abbey” celebrates the devotion to prayer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lisle, IL (October 11, 2011) - ~ Benedictine University and St. Procopius Abbey invite the public to attend “Advent at the Abbey” from 9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 10.
Speakers will include Fr. Becket Franks, O.S.B., of St. Procopius Abbey and Christine M. Fletcher, Ph.D., assistant professor in the Department of Theology and Religious Studies at Benedictine University. The theme of the event is “Devoting Ourselves Frequently to Prayer: The Benedictine Tradition.”
“St. Benedict borrows from St. Paul who instructs us ‘to pray always,’” Fletcher said. “In the Benedictine community, there are set times and places for prayer. But how do monks pray in between the formal hours for prayer? And how do people outside the monastery pray always so that they can participate in the “Tools of Good Works.”
The schedule includes arrival and coffee, lauds, a morning prayer, readings, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Mass, lunch in the monastic refectory, a reflection, and a closing prayer and blessing.
Space is limited to 60 participants. To reserve a place for the day and help the Abbey plan for catering, please contact Fr. Becket at (630) 829-9253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no fee, but a free offering will be taken.
http://www.procopius.org IL, 60532 US
Phil Brozynski - Public Relations Manager,
Readings, Prayer, Reconciliation, Mass
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow
- OCP brings music to South Korea’s Asian Youth Day
- Episode 35 with Guest Dr. Paul Thigpen
- Jersey City, NJ - Saturday August 23rd Catholic Young Professionals Mass & Biergarten Social
- CESJ Names Fr. Trigilio and Dcn. Gorini to Board of Counselors
- FORBES Ranks Franciscan University Among America's Top Colleges