BREAKING: Terror attack in Barcelona leaves at least 13 dead, dozens injured
A terror attack in Barcelona has killed at least 13 people and left dozens dead.
An officer walks past the van used in the attack.
LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) - A terrorist has drive a van into a crowd in Barcelona, Spain, killing at least 13 people and injuring 64 others.
UPDATE: A second attack involving another vehicle has occurred. Two police officers were run down in the attack, no further details are available at this time.
Local media reports that a man, Driss Oukabir, has been arrested in connection with the attack.
Following the van attack two terrorists took hostages at a restaurant. One of the gunmen was killed in a shootout with police. It is believed the second gunman was Oukabir.
A second van was found unmanned, and police think it was staged for use as a getaway vehicle.
Oukabir is said to be in his 20s, and a resident of Catalan. He is of Moroccan origin.
Bystanders rush to aid the injured.
Police were on the scene almost instantly.
In addition to 13 dead, dozens have been taken to the hospital with varying injuries.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for SEPTEMBER 2017
Parishes. That our parishes, animated by a missionary spirit, may be places where faith is communicated and charity is seen.
Scotland Yard is searching for a terrorist who placed a bomb on a London commuter train this morning. The bomb did not detonate properly, ... continue reading
A supposed letter from the devil has been partially translated, more than 300 years after it was written. LOS ANGELES, CA (California ... continue reading
Workers have uncovered lost bone fragments of St. Peter under a slab of marble in a medieval church in Rome. The bone fragments had been ... continue reading
Can you crack the code in this mysterious book? One expert says he's finally cracked the Voynich manuscript, and the solution is easier than you think Watch
An expert claims he has cracked the meaning of the Voynich manuscript, which has baffled cryptographers for over a century. The 600-year ... continue reading
During the terrorist attacks in Barcelona on August 17, hundreds of people fled the area and sought refuge where they could find it. Stores ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Trump speech rocks the NFL, protests spread, but who's right?
- Inspiring martyred Oklahoma priest officially beatified
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD