Pope Francis goes to confession before congregation! What did he confess?
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
3/31/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Pope Francis shocked onlookers by kneeling before an ordinary priest at the Vatican and confessing in front of his own congregation. The move has renewed emphasis on the importance of reconciliation with God.
Pope Francis kneels before an ordinary priest to make his confession.
ROME, ITALY (Catholic Online) - Pope Francis presided over a service intended to emphasize the importance of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Onlookers got a firsthand demonstration of how it works from Pope Francis himself who followed his message with prayer and action, immediately kneeling before an ordinary priest to make his confession.
Although the move was stunning, it is far from controversial. Popes frequently avail themselves of confession. Bl. Pope John Paul II attended confession daily, and this is not thought to be unusual. Not only does daily confession model the sacrament for others, it also keeps our holy fathers in communion with God, which is critical to their work.
Following Pope Francis' public example, some 60 other priests followed him throughout St. Peter's Basilica.
After making his own confession, Pope Francis then entered an empty booth at the basilica and heard confessions himself.
Pope Francis himself knelt before an ordinary priest and before him and God, confessed his sins.
Pope Francis has become legendary for his acts of humility and mercy. He leads by example and while he can be firm, he is also humorous and very compassionate.
Pope Francis has recently emphasized the importance of reconciliation to the Church, stressing that we are all in need of God's mercy, even himself, the Pope.
So what did Pope Francis confess? It's an interesting question, but only one other man knows, and he's not allowed to tell. Yet, we should be reminded that Pope Francis, as great as he is to so many people, is only human. We all fall short of the desire of God, hence God gives us the means to close the gap, particularly through the Body, Blood, and Mercy of Christ.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
by Catholic Online
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- pictures of saints
- john the baptist
- saint anne
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- saint francis
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD