Cancao Nova: Baptism is the Initiation Sacrament of our life in God
By Fr. Jonas Abib
Founder Cancao Nova (New Song)
Baptism is the Initiation Sacrament of our life in God: Water (1), Light (2) and Life (3). When Jesus talked to the Samaritan woman, she was led to faith through her contact with the Lord and her heart was transformed into a “spring of water that flows towards Eternal Life”.
The Lord said: “I am the Light of the World” when he was curing a man born blind. Jesus enlightened his life with the gift of faith (see John 9, 1-41). After that he made his friend Lazarus come back to life and announced that He Himself is Resurrection and True Life!
The contrast between darkness and light is always outstanding: dawn, the colors of sunset, a beautiful rainbow trimming the sky, full moon reigning over starry nights… Likewise Jesus comes in our human adventure through those doors open by faith. Let yourself be enlightened by the Lord, search for kindness, justice and truth.
Your personal encounter with the Christ will lead you to a new understanding about life and about your problems; you will find solutions that correspond to human dignity and worth of those beloved and redeemed by Christ.
(1) – Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God and who is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him and he would have given you living water” (John 4,10).
(2) – Jesus spoke to them again, saying: “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8,12).
(3) – Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14,6).
Cancao Nova (New Song)
http://www.cancaonova.com/english TX, US
Fr. Jonas Abib - Founder, 817 431-8512
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience