Pope's Words at Kalwaria Shrine
To Pray for John Paul II "as He Requested"
VATICAN CITY, MAY 30, 2006 (Zenit) - Here is the Vatican translation of the address Benedict XVI delivered Saturday when visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Kalwaria, entrusted to the Franciscan Order of Friars Minor.
* * *
Dear Franciscan Fathers,
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
During his first journey to Poland, Pope John Paul II visited this shrine and dedicated his address to the topic of prayer. At the conclusion he said: "I ask you to pray for me here during my life and after my death." Today, I wanted to pause for a moment in the Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary and, with gratitude, to pray for him as he requested. Following the example of John Paul II, I also turn to you, kindly asking that you pray for me and for all the Church.
I would also like to say, as dear Cardinal Stanislaw said, that I hope Divine Providence will soon concede the beatification and canonization of our beloved Pope John Paul II.
[Blessing in Latin]
[Original text in Polish; translation issued by the Holy See]
© Copyright 2006 -- Libreria Editrice Vaticana [adapted]
http://www.catholic.org , VA
Pope Benedict XVI - Bishop of Rome, 661 869-1000
Pope, Benedict, Kalwaria, Poland, Krakow, Shrine
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience