Did you ever wonder what Moses and Catholic Online have in common?
Probably not. Aside from feeling thankful but completely overwhelmed, maybe nothing else.
My Dear Friends:
You have been a faithful prayer and financial partner in the advance of Catholic Online (COL) and Your Catholic Voice Foundation (YCVF) and I wanted to personally share this quick update. There are so many wonderful and blessed events occurring I must tell the people that have historically partnered in this success.
- We have launched our new expanded format for COL. In one month our readership increased by over 20%, over 200,000 individuals.
- We are joined by 20 yrs of experience in Mark Lombard as editor-in-chief. He has now opened many doors of opportunities: We will be the distributors of the Bishops writings. We are being joined in news sharing programs by many traditional print organizations. Our news section is second to none.
- We are joined by Donald Clark, a seasoned businessman, author, teacher and creative giant that has been blessed to have raised hundreds of millions of dollars for ministries of the church. Donald is designing YCVF funding programs and models for such worthy causes as our "Babies Count On Me" campaign as well as our anticipated campaign to "Stop Human Trafficking". These are great, timely and worthy campaigns to practically implement Christ's teaching and we are convicted that YCVF must take the lead.
- We have developed the absolute best: an electronic fund raising process and service to allow ministries adversely impacted by the hurricanes to communicate with their donors, and restore their financial underpinnings. We have now served the Archdiocese of New Orleans, and 18 other parishes, schools and diocese in the past three weeks, and more are requesting this service every day.
- We are now the number one portal selected to deliver news, products, services, and communication in the Catholic worldwide community.
What is before us?
- We are co- sponsoring the "One Church, One Community" campaign to call the entire North American Catholic Church to unity in prayer with Dioceses.
- We must respond to over 10,000 parishes that desire to sponsor their own online donation and communication presence.
- We must prepare to establish a nationwide grassroots electronic community that will work nationally and locally to end Abortion and promote Adoption.
- We must begin to prepare for the 2006 and 2008 election cycles to prepare Catholics with an informed conscience about issues, candidates, and legislation.
- We must expand our service infrastructure practically with equipment, band width, and quality personnel.
How did we get here?
Years ago, Catholic Online and Your Catholic Voice Foundation were simply the dreams of a few core family members and friends of the Galloway family. We dreamed big. As years passed, we had to learn to dream bigger, because truly, we did not originally conceive of where God, in His plan, would take us.
In a great Old Testament story, God told Moses to build a tabernacle, appropriate for worship. I will quickly paraphrase the story. Moses immediate response was "I can't do such a great thing. It is too much." God's response was, "Call the people together, and tell them everything you need, and then send them away to think about it." Moses followed the instruction, and the Bible says that all who had a mind to help, did so. In fact, it got to the point where Moses had to say, "Enough. We have enough craftsmen, enough donations, enough of everything." Read Exodus.
I am writing you this letter to let you know, when I see what God is asking us to do at Your Catholic Voice Foundation, Your Catholic Voice and Catholic Online, I am saying, "I can't do such a great thing. It is too much." This isn't humility. It is just true.
I believe in my heart that I am to write to you about our needs, and ask you to "go away and think about it, and if you have a heart to help, do so". Please do so.
What do we need?
- "Babies Count on Me . BCOM" campaign. It will cost us over $1,750,000 over the next fourteen months to prepare our nationwide grass roots movement to impact the carnage of Abortion and promote Adoption. Many have already committed to this campaign. But we need nearly 10,000 families to partner with us to make an impact that will last. We need your help now.
- It costs us approximately $240 to prepare and set up and host a donation website for a church, school or ministry. We believe that some 2000 or more requests will come in over the next ninety days. We want to say yes. We need help to say yes.
- There are over sixty schools that were the center of Catholic education in Louisiana and Mississippi that are in desperate need of ...1 | 2
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience