Did you ever wonder what Moses and Catholic Online have in common?
Probably not. Aside from feeling thankful but completely overwhelmed, maybe nothing else.
My Dear Friends:
You have been a faithful prayer and financial partner in the advance of Catholic Online (COL) and Your Catholic Voice Foundation (YCVF) and I wanted to personally share this quick update. There are so many wonderful and blessed events occurring I must tell the people that have historically partnered in this success.
- We have launched our new expanded format for COL. In one month our readership increased by over 20%, over 200,000 individuals.
- We are joined by 20 yrs of experience in Mark Lombard as editor-in-chief. He has now opened many doors of opportunities: We will be the distributors of the Bishops writings. We are being joined in news sharing programs by many traditional print organizations. Our news section is second to none.
- We are joined by Donald Clark, a seasoned businessman, author, teacher and creative giant that has been blessed to have raised hundreds of millions of dollars for ministries of the church. Donald is designing YCVF funding programs and models for such worthy causes as our "Babies Count On Me" campaign as well as our anticipated campaign to "Stop Human Trafficking". These are great, timely and worthy campaigns to practically implement Christ's teaching and we are convicted that YCVF must take the lead.
- We have developed the absolute best: an electronic fund raising process and service to allow ministries adversely impacted by the hurricanes to communicate with their donors, and restore their financial underpinnings. We have now served the Archdiocese of New Orleans, and 18 other parishes, schools and diocese in the past three weeks, and more are requesting this service every day.
- We are now the number one portal selected to deliver news, products, services, and communication in the Catholic worldwide community.
What is before us?
- We are co- sponsoring the "One Church, One Community" campaign to call the entire North American Catholic Church to unity in prayer with Dioceses.
- We must respond to over 10,000 parishes that desire to sponsor their own online donation and communication presence.
- We must prepare to establish a nationwide grassroots electronic community that will work nationally and locally to end Abortion and promote Adoption.
- We must begin to prepare for the 2006 and 2008 election cycles to prepare Catholics with an informed conscience about issues, candidates, and legislation.
- We must expand our service infrastructure practically with equipment, band width, and quality personnel.
How did we get here?
Years ago, Catholic Online and Your Catholic Voice Foundation were simply the dreams of a few core family members and friends of the Galloway family. We dreamed big. As years passed, we had to learn to dream bigger, because truly, we did not originally conceive of where God, in His plan, would take us.
In a great Old Testament story, God told Moses to build a tabernacle, appropriate for worship. I will quickly paraphrase the story. Moses immediate response was "I can't do such a great thing. It is too much." God's response was, "Call the people together, and tell them everything you need, and then send them away to think about it." Moses followed the instruction, and the Bible says that all who had a mind to help, did so. In fact, it got to the point where Moses had to say, "Enough. We have enough craftsmen, enough donations, enough of everything." Read Exodus.
I am writing you this letter to let you know, when I see what God is asking us to do at Your Catholic Voice Foundation, Your Catholic Voice and Catholic Online, I am saying, "I can't do such a great thing. It is too much." This isn't humility. It is just true.
I believe in my heart that I am to write to you about our needs, and ask you to "go away and think about it, and if you have a heart to help, do so". Please do so.
What do we need?
- "Babies Count on Me . BCOM" campaign. It will cost us over $1,750,000 over the next fourteen months to prepare our nationwide grass roots movement to impact the carnage of Abortion and promote Adoption. Many have already committed to this campaign. But we need nearly 10,000 families to partner with us to make an impact that will last. We need your help now.
- It costs us approximately $240 to prepare and set up and host a donation website for a church, school or ministry. We believe that some 2000 or more requests will come in over the next ninety days. We want to say yes. We need help to say yes.
- There are over sixty schools that were the center of Catholic education in Louisiana and Mississippi that are in desperate need of help today. We envision a national program to allow a school in another state to adopt one of the devastated classes in the hurricane zone. We have 8000 schools to contact, and sixty schools to rebuild. It is doable. It will spread the cost of resorting religious life over the whole nation. We need help to connect the students with the students.
- We need to continue to upgrade our Webmail service which now allows 100's of thousands of users our Free email services. It will cost us approx. $23,400 for these upgrades. We need your help to upgrade.
- To these immediate needs, we have a request for a Hispanic version of all services to serve that aspect of the church. We have a request for a college and university version of our Catholic Financial Services . www.catholicfs.org model. We have a request for a catholic school tuition processing model. And there is more we have had to place on "the back burner". We need your help now.
What do I tell God?
I tell God "It is too much." He tells me "tell the people and let them think about it"
Please think about all these issues. Ponder them in your heart. If God gives you a spirit to help, know in advance that we will be most appreciative.
I pledge to you we will be very responsible stewards with every gift, large or small to get the very best return for your investment in the Kingdom of God. Our offices, furnishings and levels of compensation are all at modest levels and will stay at modest levels. We believe and model judicious stewardship. We try to multiply every donated dollar with a multiplied impact.
Well, thanks for taking time to catch up with us. We will keep you informed as we move along. I have asked God for real partners, real joint cause, joint ministry partners that care and understand about the call on this good work to facilitate the ministry of others and the true ministry of Christ. Perhaps, in reflection, you will choose to partner up with us. Please let us hear from you, "if you have a mind to help".
We serve a good God.
I am Sincerely Yours in Christ,
http://www.catholic.org CA, US
Catholic Online - Publisher, 661 869-1000
Catholic, Online, Church, Prayer, BCOM, Abortion, School, Webmail
More Catholic PRWire
Showing 1 - 50 of 4,718
A Recession Antidote
Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
Dna. Maria St. Catherine Sharpe, t.o.s.m., T.O.SS.T.
A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
Dna. Maria St.Catherine De Grace Sharpe, t.o.s.m., T.O.SS.T.
Embrace every moment as sacred time
Mary Regina Morrell
Letting go is simple wisdom with divine potential
Mary Regina Morrell
Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience
State Aid for Catholic Schools: Help or Hindrance?
Scorsese Planning Movie on Japanese Martyrs
2 Nuns Kidnapped in Kenya Set Free
Holy See-Israel Negotiation Moves Forward
Franchising to Evangelize
Catholics Decry Anti-Christianity in Israel
Pope and Gordon Brown Meet About Development Aid
Pontiff Backs Latin America's Continental Mission
Cardinal Warns Against Anti-Catholic Education
Three words to a deeper faith
Relections for Lent 2009
Wisdom lies beyond the surface of life
Mary Regina Morrell
World Food Program Director on Lent
Pope's Lenten Message for 2009
Keeping a Lid on Permissiveness
Glimpse of Me
The 3 stages of life
Sex and the Married Woman
A Catholic Woman Returns to the Church
Modernity & Morality
Just a Minute
Catholic identity ... triumphant reemergence!
Edging God Out
Burying a St. Joseph Statue
George Bush Speaks on Papal Visit
Sometimes moving forward means moving the canoe
Mary Regina Morrell
Easter... A Way of Life
Papal initiative...peace and harmony!
Proclaim the mysteries of the Resurrection!
Jerusalem Patriarch's Easter Message
Good Friday Sermon of Father Cantalamessa
Papal Address at the End of the Way of the Cross
Cardinal Zen's Meditations for Via Crucis
Interview With Vatican Aide on Jewish-Catholic Relations
Pope Benedict XVI On the Easter Triduum
by Catholic Online
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- 50 years of Israeli occupation - enough is enough!
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Is Pope Francis a heretic? Formal letter of correction made public
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Elizabeth Warren - Another liberal hypocrite, scam artist exposed
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD