Second year of saving babies, helping women
By Matt Abbott
WomanCare Services is a two-year-old pro-life crisis pregnancy center located in Berwyn, Ill.
Ember Normand, a young woman associated with the center, is enthusiastic about its baby-saving (and women-helping) work.
“WomanCare Services reaches women when they are at their lowest, when they feel there is no hope and no one to whom they can turn,” says Ember. “Their stories are heartbreaking, but not impossible.
“WomanCare assists the women by helping them work through their problems. The baby is not the problem. Many times the women have no emotional support. Other times there are money issues. Other times they are being pressured into an abortion.”
“One of the first couples we helped was considering an abortion because they were homeless and jobless. We helped them get housing and a job. We provided some money to get them through their transition. We gave them hope, and that hope led them to keep their baby! There are many stories like this -- stories of hope and life chosen.”
WomanCare Services is having a benefit banquet on Nov. 13, 2005, in Lombard, Ill. The featured speaker will be Dr. Ray Guarendi (www.drray.com). For more information, call 708-795-6000.
Also, readers who would like me to devote a column to a specific pro-life CPC or related ministry are welcome to e-mail me pertinent information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
http://www.catholic.org IL, US
Matt Abbott - Author,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience