New Book on Pope Benedict XVI
By Matt Abbott
From Michael S. Rose, the Catholic author who brought us “The Renovation Manipulation,” “Ugly As Sin,” “Priest,” “In Tiers of Glory” and “Goodbye, Good Men,” comes a new book on the current pontiff, “Benedict XVI: The Man Who Was Ratzinger,” due out next month from Spence Publishing.
"Although, of course, there are other biographies of Pope Benedict, I think mine presents a unique perspective in that I define and clarify the issues in which Cardinal Ratzinger was involved as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (e.g., liberation theology, homosexual ministry, new age 'mysticism,' the ordination of women, diocesan investigations, etc.) as well as his personal thoughts on dealing with Islam, relativism and other hot-button issues of the day.
"This book, though certainly not hagiography, is also a defense of the many unfair criticisms that have been leveled against the Holy Father. The design and layout of the book (not done by me!) is very nice also."
Rose is also the web editor for New Oxford Review, www.newoxfordreview.org.
To see a picture of the book’s cover, go to: http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/abbott/050916.
http://www.catholic.org IL, US
Matt Abbott - Author,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience