Living the Gospel
By Father Jonas Abib
Founder Cancao Nova
©Catholic Online 2004
We receive Jesus as a bride receives her groom. We agree to build a life with Him. However, it is much more...and on the other hand, something simpler than only following a set of orders, rules, prescriptions and commandments.
We make a Covenant with Him and we allow the Holy Spirit to teach us how to live with Jesus.
We do not know how to do it. It is a long educational process the Holy Spirit performs in us. This is the Good News and New Life for us. Little by little, the Gospel is fully accomplished in our lives.
This is the only way the Gospel is not a "dead word" for us, on the contrary: it will be Spirit and Life for us. We do it for love: yes, we do it because we love That One Who chose and espoused us.
The correct way to love Jesus is living with Him.
http://www.cancaonova.net TX, US
Fr. Jonas Abib - Founder, 817 281-0766
gospel, cancao nova, Abib
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience