The best jobs for college students are usually service oriented
Jobs at amusement park, food service and summer camps provide quick cash and social skills
For many college students who have to "work their way through school,"
i.e., work a part-time job in order to pay for books and tuition, the
challenge is finding a job that can be scheduled around school time that
provides quick cash while aiding in the development of social skills.
College students may also consider taking jobs at nearby theme parks or resort. Such a temporary assignment is more often than not more like a summer-long adventure.
College students may also consider taking jobs at nearby theme parks or resort. Such a temporary assignment is more often than not more like a summer-long adventure. Some theme parks offer free or reduced admission, and students can enjoy the rides and amusements in off hours.
Walt Disney World resorts are good places to look for positions as they offer seasonal positions where the student can do anything from taking tickets to selling lemonade. Be aware that you will need to apply early for summer positions at theme parks or resorts because these jobs are in high demand.
Another reliable industry standby is food service. Whether the student desires to serve burgers at McDonald's, deliver pizzas for Domino's or take breakfast orders at a diner, food service is a good option. It is fairly easy for the student to find a job in this industry because your school hours mesh well with the hours they require heavy staffing.
Before the student applies for a job, they should make sure you know your school schedule dates and times because this lets employers know if your hours fit theirs. The student should also have plenty of personal references when applying for these positions.
© 2011, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- U.S. Conference of the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Casa Juan Diego Founders Given Faithful Citizenship Award
- MAFC Grad Becomes a Passionist for Christ
- Another semester and deeper in debt: More than 70 percent of all college students reliant on aid
- Pope Francis Surprises Two Professors in Rome
- Professors Publish Philosophy Books
- Is it College or Kollege? Congress can't agree, so student loan rates will double on Monday
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?