FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BROOKLYN, NY (March 15, 2011) - In an effort to help promote New York's All Day Confessions event, happening Monday April 18th, The Diocese of Brooklyn in conjunction with both the Archdiocese of New York and Diocese of Rockville Centre are launching a grassroots digital campaign called 'i-Confess'. Using both social and digital media, the goal of this campaign is to generate interest in the act of Confession.
As part of the i-Confess campaign school students will have the opportunity to create and submit short (up to 1 minute in length) YouTube stylized videos for a chance to win the top prize of $25,000 towards an educational scholarship and the school or parish will receive an additional $25,000. A second place prize of $10,000 and the school or parish will receive an additional $10,000, multiple third place prizes of $1,000 each will be awarded.
Detailed video contest guidelines and instructions are included in this mailing but the basic rules are: 1) Students will have to visit i-confess.com, fill out the entry form, send it back to the contact listed on the site 2) Once the entry form is received, students will have to create and submit their video to the i-confess.com website before April 8th, 2011 3) After videos have been submitted and posted, videos will be judged based on the following criteria: Orthodoxy, Creativity, YouTube views and rating.
The All Day confessions campaign, which was originally conceived in 2009, was envisioned as a marketing tool to encourage Catholics to attend Confession, especially if it's been awhile since their last Confession. "Reaching people in today's media age can sometimes be very difficult, especially with all that is out there. The hope is that young people will see these videos and be encouraged to come back to the church and that faithful Catholics will feel empowered by the Church's effort to follow Pope John Paul II edict to evangelize," said Gary Arkin, Marketing Director of NET.
As you can see, time is of the essence here, teachers and parents are strongly encouraged to share this valuable information with their students and children as soon as possible. We thank you in advance and Best of Luck!
NET is a Catholic-based cable TV station in Brooklyn, New York and is a service of Trans Video Communications. Check it out on-air in the New York area on Cablevision channel 30, Time Warner Cable channel 97 and online at NETNY.NET.
http://i-confess.com/ NY, 11215 US
Byron Johnson - Brand Manager, 718-499-9705
i-confess, Film, Education, Scholarship, Confession, Brooklyn Diocese, Archdiocese, Rockville Centre
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over