NYC Fri April 22nd @ 7pm Subway Stations of the Cross - Soup & Bread Fundraiser
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (March 3, 2011) - Follow Jesus' footsteps in modern times in our 2nd Annual "Subway Stations of the Cross" for young adults in their 20s, 30s and 40s on Good Friday April 22nd at 7pm. Our first event last year had a large turnout of young adults.
For each station of the cross, we apply a relevant subway station to reflect how Jesus would have walked today. For example, in the First Station where Jesus is condemned to death, the relevant subway station will be Jay Street, Borough Hall where there is a courthouse. Please note that the actual stations of the cross will take place in the church with visual aids provided.
After the stations of the cross, we will meet in the lower church for a modest meal of soup and bread. We ask for a free will donation for the meal, which will be applied to Heart's Home (www.usa.heartshome.org) in their distribution to poor families in Downtown Brooklyn.
Cathedral Basilica of St. James
Corner of Jay Street and Cathedral Place
(one block south of Tillary Street)
Brooklyn, NY 11201
The church is easily accessible by mass transit.
Directions: Take the M, N, R, 2, 3, 4 or 5 to Court Street-Borough Hall Station. Take the A, C or F to Jay Street-Borough Hall Station. Commuting time is about 10 minutes from downtown Manhattan. For directions by car, go to the church website.
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is hosted by The Catholic Fellowship. To learn about us or to join, go to www.cfnetwork.org.
The Catholic Fellowship
http://www.cfnetwork.org NY, 10028 US
Toan Chu - ,
Stations of the Cross, Good Friday, Catholic young adults, fundraiser, charity, NYC
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Not Godís Type? Think again
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel