NYC Fri April 22nd @ 7pm Subway Stations of the Cross - Soup & Bread Fundraiser
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (March 3, 2011) - Follow Jesus' footsteps in modern times in our 2nd Annual "Subway Stations of the Cross" for young adults in their 20s, 30s and 40s on Good Friday April 22nd at 7pm. Our first event last year had a large turnout of young adults.
For each station of the cross, we apply a relevant subway station to reflect how Jesus would have walked today. For example, in the First Station where Jesus is condemned to death, the relevant subway station will be Jay Street, Borough Hall where there is a courthouse. Please note that the actual stations of the cross will take place in the church with visual aids provided.
After the stations of the cross, we will meet in the lower church for a modest meal of soup and bread. We ask for a free will donation for the meal, which will be applied to Heart's Home (www.usa.heartshome.org) in their distribution to poor families in Downtown Brooklyn.
Cathedral Basilica of St. James
Corner of Jay Street and Cathedral Place
(one block south of Tillary Street)
Brooklyn, NY 11201
The church is easily accessible by mass transit.
Directions: Take the M, N, R, 2, 3, 4 or 5 to Court Street-Borough Hall Station. Take the A, C or F to Jay Street-Borough Hall Station. Commuting time is about 10 minutes from downtown Manhattan. For directions by car, go to the church website.
Questions: Contact email@example.com. This event is hosted by The Catholic Fellowship. To learn about us or to join, go to www.cfnetwork.org.
The Catholic Fellowship
http://www.cfnetwork.org NY, 10028 US
Toan Chu - ,
Stations of the Cross, Good Friday, Catholic young adults, fundraiser, charity, NYC
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources