Public Forum on Migrants and Immigrants - Feb 10 NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Honoring Human Dignity: A Catholic Approach to Migrants and Immigrants Thursday, February 10, 7:00PM
New York, NY (February 2, 2011) - As our country considers its right relationship with immigrants, the Woodstock Theological Center is holding a public forum at the United Nations Parish exploring critical questions which lie at the heart of the issue for Roman Catholics: Why do people migrate? What do they seek? How does the Catholic tradition understand their needs, and how are believers called to respond?
Panelists include Donald Kerwin, Vice President for Programs at the Migration Policy Institute; Jill Marie Gerschutz, Senior Legislative Specialist at Catholic Relief Services; Fr. Daniel G. Groody, Associate Professor of Theology at the University of Notre Dame; and a student affected directly by the issue. Kerwin, Gerschutz, and Groody are all contributors to the book, "And You Welcomed Me: Migration and Catholic Social Teaching," which has become the touchstone for a coordinated public education program about the issue. The panelists will discuss the increasingly important issue of migration from the lens of Catholic themes such as hospitality, justice, the common good, and human rights.
The forum is hosted by the Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University and is sponsored by the Church of the Holy Family (the United Nations Parish) and the New York Province of the Society of Jesus.
The Woodstock Theological Center is an independent, Jesuit-sponsored research institute located at Georgetown University that carries out theological and ethical reflection on the human problems of today.
WHEN: February 10, 2011, 7:00pm
WHERE: Church of the Holy Family, 315 East 47th Street, New York, NY 10017
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org | 202-687-3532
Contact: Keelan Downton, 202-573-7114, email@example.com
Woodstock Theological Center
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170813569622383&index=1 DC, 20057 US
R. M. Keelan Downton - Public Relations and Communications Specialist,
migration, immigration, Catholic Social Teaching, human dignity, human rights, justice, neighbor
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- Veritas Conference to Discuss Threats to Religious Freedom
- Media and Faith Conference Slated for April
- NYC Thursday April 24th Spring Fling - Singles Mingle Charity Event
- PROVIDING LIFE-AFFIRMING PREGNANCY SUPPORT TO WOMEN LOWERS ABORTIONS IN PENNSYLAVNIA AGAIN!
- Andy LaVallee to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
When this rosary was presented to me for photography, I was in awe. ... Read More