Public Forum on Migrants and Immigrants - Feb 10 NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Honoring Human Dignity: A Catholic Approach to Migrants and Immigrants Thursday, February 10, 7:00PM
New York, NY (February 2, 2011) - As our country considers its right relationship with immigrants, the Woodstock Theological Center is holding a public forum at the United Nations Parish exploring critical questions which lie at the heart of the issue for Roman Catholics: Why do people migrate? What do they seek? How does the Catholic tradition understand their needs, and how are believers called to respond?
Panelists include Donald Kerwin, Vice President for Programs at the Migration Policy Institute; Jill Marie Gerschutz, Senior Legislative Specialist at Catholic Relief Services; Fr. Daniel G. Groody, Associate Professor of Theology at the University of Notre Dame; and a student affected directly by the issue. Kerwin, Gerschutz, and Groody are all contributors to the book, "And You Welcomed Me: Migration and Catholic Social Teaching," which has become the touchstone for a coordinated public education program about the issue. The panelists will discuss the increasingly important issue of migration from the lens of Catholic themes such as hospitality, justice, the common good, and human rights.
The forum is hosted by the Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University and is sponsored by the Church of the Holy Family (the United Nations Parish) and the New York Province of the Society of Jesus.
The Woodstock Theological Center is an independent, Jesuit-sponsored research institute located at Georgetown University that carries out theological and ethical reflection on the human problems of today.
WHEN: February 10, 2011, 7:00pm
WHERE: Church of the Holy Family, 315 East 47th Street, New York, NY 10017
RSVP: email@example.com | 202-687-3532
Contact: Keelan Downton, 202-573-7114, firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodstock Theological Center
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170813569622383&index=1 DC, 20057 US
R. M. Keelan Downton - Public Relations and Communications Specialist,
migration, immigration, Catholic Social Teaching, human dignity, human rights, justice, neighbor
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow
- OCP brings music to South Korea’s Asian Youth Day
- Episode 35 with Guest Dr. Paul Thigpen
- Jersey City, NJ - Saturday August 23rd Catholic Young Professionals Mass & Biergarten Social
- CESJ Names Fr. Trigilio and Dcn. Gorini to Board of Counselors
- FORBES Ranks Franciscan University Among America's Top Colleges
- 2 million reach out to Heartbeat's option line