MOVEMENT AWAKENS CATHOLIC TEENS: Life Teen Marks 25 years of Life-Changing Youth Ministry
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MESA, AZ (December 13, 2010) - This year, Life Teen, an international Catholic movement dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, marked their 25th anniversary. Believing that Eucharist-centered youth ministry is the foundation of effective evangelization, Life Teen has grown into one of the most prolific Catholic youth ministry programs in the world. What first began in 1985 at a single parish in Mesa, Arizona, has grown into a global movement engaging more than 1400 parishes in 24 countries.
The story of Life Teen is a narrative of God’s Spirit leading His church. The simple, yet effective model of a vibrant Mass focused on teens, followed by a catechetical session called a “Life Night,” began as a single-parish program in 1985. As it grew in popularity, people around the country began to take notice. As more parishes inquired about the ministry, Life Teen began offering national training conferences and the movement spread around the country and world. In 2004, seeing the need for dynamic middle school ministry, Life Teen introduced the Edge program for middle school youth. Today, there are over 700 parishes implementing Edge in addition to the 1200 parishes implementing Life Teen, many using both to evangelize and catechize the youth of the parish.
Over the past 25 years, Life Teen has grown into one of the largest Catholic youth ministry programs in the world. Through training events, summer camps, youth rallies, and conferences, Life Teen continues to provide resources and faith experiences that help lead teens closer to Christ. Impacting over 100,000 teens each week, Life Teen’s mission has inspired what is being called a modern day movement in the Church. From small towns to big cities across the nation, you can find dedicated and passionate priests, youth ministers, music ministers, catechists, volunteers, adult leaders, and parents leading young people closer to Christ.
“It is a testament to God to see the power of the Holy Spirit work so powerfully through a movement of people. A teen's heart, set on fire, has great power—They inspire families, give new life to parishes, and in turn transform our whole culture.” – President of Life Teen, Randy Raus
Inspired by pope John Paul’s II call for a New Evangelization, Life Teen believes that youth are the key to this new springtime in the Church. With complete dependence on our Blessed Mother and our Eucharistic Lord, Life Teen continues to engage the young people believing that quality, Eucharistic-centered, relational youth ministry has the power to transform parishes, teens, and culture.
For more information on this topic, Life Teen, or if you would like to schedule an interview with Randy Raus, President, or Mark Hart, V.P. of Life Teen, please contact Mary Bielski at email@example.com.
LIFE TEEN, INC
http://www.lifeteen.com IN, 46530 US
Mary Bielski - Special Projects Director,
Life Teen, Catholic Church, Teens, 25th Anneversary, Catholic Youth Ministry
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources