The Natural Law and the $600 Billion Stimulus
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ARLINGTON, VA (November 12, 2010) - On Thursday, November 10, 2010 Dr. Norman Kurland, president of the Center for Economic and Social Justice in Arlington, Virginia, USA, taped a segment for "Money America," a radio show out of Cambridge, Massachusetts, co-sponsored by Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. [http://www.cambridge-credit.org/] and American International College (AIC). [http://www.aic.edu/] The topic was how the $600 billion stimulus will affect the economy — if at all.
Dr. Kurland's responses brought in the Just Third Way, an approach that embodies principles of the natural moral law that provide the foundation of Catholic social teaching and are embodied in the proposed "Pro-Life economic agenda" found in the book "Capital Homesteading for Every Citizen" by Norman Kurland and examined in "Supporting Life: The Case for a Pro-Life Economic Agenda" by Michael D. Greaney.
The hosts, Thomas Fox (Community Outreach Director for Cambridge Credit, a non-profit group that counsels people about credit), and LaValle Smith (a Certified Credit Counselor), were very positive about Dr. Kurland's talk, and sounded open to future guest spots if the subject warrants a discussion of how the Just Third Way fits in.
The show will be broadcast on Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm EST on WAIC 91.9 FM, and on the internet on http://www.aic.edu/hot919. To listen on the internet, go to the link, click on "HOT91.9WAIC" right under the red "LISTEN NOW" and (if necessary) install "Microsoft Silverlight" in order to hear the broadcast.
A blog posting on "Preventable Disasters" from yesterday (http://just3rdway.blogspot.com/2010/11/preventable-disasters_10.html) is also getting sent around the globe to people interested in an alternative to the usual solutions being proposed for the Irish financial disaster.
Center for Economic and Social Justice
http://just3rdway.blogspot.com/2010/11/news-from-network-vol-3-no-45.html VA, 22207 US
Michael Greaney - Director of Research, 7032435155
Natural Law, Social Teaching, Pro-Life, Economics
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow