CatholicTV To Produce Reality Episode Starring Single Mom With Eleven Children
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (September 22, 2010) - On October 6th and 7th, CatholicTV will record an episode of its reality-style show “House+Home” with Kristin Bothur and 9 of her 11 children whom she raises as a single mother.
Kristin is the author of the book “Eleven On My Own” and also writes a blog of the same name.
Kristin and her eleven children recently moved into their new home in Connecticut, which was made possible through the help of a local priest named Fr. Joseph Tito along with many volunteers from the parish, St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Church, in Sprague, Connecticut. The moving van was donated, and driven, by the Knights of Columbus Council in the area, many member Knights were volunteers on the renovation for the family.
CatholicTV suggested that Kristin and her family participate in an episode of House+Home shortly after Kristin told her story on “This is the Day”, a talk show on CatholicTV.
The episode of House+Home with Kristin Bothur and her children will air later this year on the CatholicTV Network. Kristin and her children will discuss the new home which they recently moved into as well as their life in a house where 5 boys and 4 girls live with their mother. Kristin’s two young adults are away from home.
During her interview on This is the Day, Kristin said, “We became closer to God through all of these trials. We gather for evening prayer every night and the rosary. We are at Mass all of the time, and one of my sons is in Rome studying to be a priest.”
“House+Home” is a Catholic reality T.V. show taking viewers into Catholic homes and shows how Catholic families live out their faith. Each episode of “House+Home” is hosted by President of the CatholicTV Network, Fr. Robert Reed.
CatholicTV is currently producing a special episode of House+Home in Rome, Italy as well.
More information about Kristin Bothur and her family can be found at http://11onmyown.blogspot.com/
Previous episodes of House+Home can be viewed now by visiting: http://www.CatholicTV.com/catholic-families.aspx
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network offers a wide range of programs aimed at children and adults, from uplifting advice shows to international news, game shows to travel, CatholicTV has something for everyone. Based in Watertown, MA outside of Boston, CatholicTV is available in 5.7 million homes nationwide. For access to CatholicTV programs, go to CatholicTV.com or download the CatholicTV mobile app for iPhone or iPad.
http://www.catholictv.com/Single-catholic-mom-kristin-bothur-eleven-on-my-own MA, 02472 US
Chris Pham - , 617.923.0220
single, catholic, mom
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources