OCP accepts pre-orders for Order of Mass supplement, Mass settings CD, accompaniments
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (August 20, 2010) - With the USCCB’s announcement of the first Sunday of Advent 2011 (November 27, 2011) as the implementation date for the new English translation of the Roman Missal, OCP is now able to offer resources to help parishes learn, teach and implement the changes in their community. Their assembly supplement, Mass settings CD and keyboard/choral editions for new and revised Mass settings are all available for pre-order at OCP.org/NewMassSettings.
For several years, OCP has been collaborating with their composers—and parishes across the country—to develop Mass settings that engage, unite, and inspire worship. Nine settings—five new and four revised—have been chosen for initial publication, with additional Mass settings scheduled for release beginning this fall.
Designed to aid in embracing the new translation, OCP’s assembly supplement contains the revised Order of Mass. Also included are lyrics and melodies to five exciting new settings—from composers such as Dan Schutte, Curtis Stephan, plus a bilingual setting from Estela García-López and Rodolfo López—and four popular revised settings, including Celtic Mass and Mass of Glory. Their Mass settings CD features recordings of new settings and updated sections to revised ones.
As a tool for parishes to introduce these settings to their communities, keyboard/choral editions can also be pre-ordered at OCP.org/NewMassSettings. Accompaniments for guitar, keyboard, solo instruments and choral-only arrangements will soon be available for purchase.
“Parish ministers have told us that they will use both new and revised Mass settings as they implement the new Roman Missal,” stated Tom Tomaszek, OCP’s Director of Artists and Repertoire. “We designed the assembly supplement with that in mind and have included Mass settings in a variety of musical styles.”
More information on the above resources is available at OCP.org/NewMassSettings—OCP’s online resource website for the new Roman Missal. Visitors will also find practical resources, catechetical articles, exclusive composer interviews, sound samples, as well as upcoming additional new and revised Mass settings. Content is added regularly, so visitors are encouraged to bookmark the address and keep checking back.
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 80 years. Worship programs produced by OCP are used in two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. More information is available at 1-800-LITURGY (548-8749) and ocp.org.
http://www.ocp.org/newmasssettings OR, 97213 US
Zach Laney - , 503-460-5311
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, Roman Missal, new Mass settings, revised Order of Mass, USCCB
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards