St. Veronica Church Rolls into Summer with 31st Annual Festival
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A COMMUNITY COMMITTED TO MINISTRIES...
ST. VERONICA CHURCH ROLLS INTO SUMMER WITH 31ST ANNUAL FESTIVAL TO RAISE FUNDS TO HELP ITS MINISTRIES HELP THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Howell, NJ (June 10, 2010) - St. Veronica Church today announced the dates of its 31st annual Festival from Wednesday, June 23 through Saturday, June 26 - this event represents the single largest fundraising campaign for the Church and the surrounding communities. More than 15,000 people from the surrounding Monmouth and Ocean County communities are expected to visit the Festival.
"Our theme of 'A Community Committed to Ministries' truly reflects the mission of this event to provide our ministries with the resources to effectively help the local Howell community through an array of programs that bring the message of caring, commitment, and service to others in need," said Father Brendan Williams, pastor of St. Veronica Church.
According to Karen Haber, chairperson of the St. Veronica Festival, funds raised through sponsors are pivotal to the event's success. "We raised $15,000 from our sponsors and hope to increase that number to $25,000." she added. "The funds raised from the 2010 festival will be allocated to support our Parish which encompasses over 6,000 families in the Howell-Jackson-Lakewood and areas beyond."
Programs that will benefit from these funds include:
• Religious education program for more than 2,200 children
• St. Veronica School which educates more than 470 students from preschool through eighth grade
• Church & non-church community outreach programs:
o Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts
o CYO basketball and cheerleading
o Alcoholics Anonymous and Ala-non Counseling
o Life Teen, a program that provides teens the opportunity to socialize and perform community service in a supervised atmosphere
o Food pantry and merchandising exchange for anyone in need regardless of religion
o Hospital and homebound visiting ministry,
o Support groups for separated, divorced, or widowed men and women
o Prayer groups, healing services, and a school of healing.
"We are looking to our sponsors to become active partners in helping our Parish Family meet the needs of our community by offering local families a Festival featuring an array of fun activities and entertainment in a secure, safe atmosphere; while offering many marketing opportunities for our sponsors this year," added Ms. Haber.
The Festival Hours will be 6pm to 10pm (Wednesday and Thursday) and 6pm to 11pm (Friday and Saturday). Ticket Prices are as follows:
• Pay-One-Price Wristband Nights -- Wednesday and Thursday/$25 per person/per night
• Mega Wristband Pay One Price for all 4 nights unlimited rides-- Wednesday through Saturday/$50 per person Pre-Sales after all weekend masses
There will be live entertainment nightly, 50/50 raffles, model train display, family-friendly affordable food, rides and games.
For more information on how you can volunteer or support the Festival as a sponsor, please call 908.612.9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As baptized Roman Catholic Christians, fully alive in the Holy Spirit, St. Veronica Church radically proclaims our call to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. United with the Universal Church and centered in the celebration of the Eucharist, we recognize our call to holiness and transformation, leading us to experience a new springtime of evangelization. We strive to make our community a genuine school of prayer, where the faithful may fix their eyes on Christ until their hearts burn within them. St. Veronica's is a very active Parish Community. We have several ministries to address the needs of our parish and local community. For more information, visit us online at www.stveronica.com.
St. Veronica Church
http://stveronica.com/?page_id=881 NJ, 07731 US
Len Abbazia - Marketing Advisor,
festival, ministries, fundraiser, st. veronica
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary