NYC Fri Apr 9th Subway Stations of the Cross - Soup & Bread Haiti Relief Fundraiser
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ASTORIA, NY (March 7, 2010) - Follow Jesus' footsteps in modern times in our first and very own "Subway Stations of the Cross" for young adults on Good Friday April 2nd at 7pm. For each station of the cross, we apply a relevant subway station to reflect how Jesus would have walked today. For example, in the First Station where Jesus is condemned to death, the relevant subway station will be Jay Street, Borough Hall where there is a courthouse. Please note that the actual stations of the cross will take place in the church with visual aids provided.
After the stations, we will meet in the lower church for a modest meal of soup and bread. We ask for a free will donation for the meal, which will be applied to our Haiti Relief Fundraiser.
Cathedral Basilica of St. James
Corner of Jay Street and Cathedral Place
(one block south of Tillary Street)
Brooklyn, NY 11201
The church is easily accessible by mass transit.
Take the A, C, or F train to Jay Street-Boro Hall Station. Walk down Jay Street away from Fulton Street for 2 blocks. St. James is one block past Tillary Street.
Take the M, N, or R train, the 2 or 3 train, or the northbound 4 or 5 train to Court Street-Boro Hall Station. Walk down Cadman Plaza West (away from Boro Hall) to Tillary Street. Turn right onto Tillary Street and walk three blocks to Jay Street. Turn left onto Jay Street for one block.
For directions by car, go to http://brooklyncathedral.net/html/directions.html.
Hash Dras at email@example.com or Toan Chu at firstname.lastname@example.org / 917.653.2140. This event is sponsored by The Catholic Fellowship. To learn about The Catholic Fellowship, go to www.cfnetwork.org.
http://www.cfnetwork.org NY, 11102 US
Toan Chu - ,
Good Friday, Subway Stations of the Cross, Haiti Relief Fundraiser
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- On Juneteenth, national pro-life group is reminded that the aftermath of slavery has not ended
- 20 Lawmakers Call for Criminal Investigation of Late Term Abortionist
- The CatholicTV Network to Air Special Coverage during Fortnight for Freedom
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect John Thomas Folda
- A Catholic Assessment of Evolution Theory – An origins science enhancer
- Running for a Reason: Priest Takes on Ultramarathon
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect David John Walkowiak
- Brave and Steadfast at 2013 Catholic Charismatic Conference
- The CatholicTV Network to air Film, “Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit”
- Catholic Word Publisher Group Welcomes Novo Millennio Press Series