An Organist Who Plays For 300 Million People Every Week? New Season of 'The Joy of Music'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
An Organist Who Plays For 300 Million People Every Week? New Season of 'The Joy of Music' With Diane Bish Will Air on CatholicTV
WATERTOWN, MA (February 19, 2010) - Starting March 2010, CatholicTV will air a new season of "The Joy of Music" hosted by internationally-known organist Diane Bish. In each episode of The Joy of Music, Mrs. Bish performs on historic organs in magnificent cathedrals around the world.
Starting in March, "The Joy of Music" will air each week at the following times (Eastern): Monday at noon, Tuesday at 1AM, and Sunday at 7:30PM.
Miss Bish's television program The Joy of Music is broadcast to over 300 million people around the world each week. The show combines exhilarating organ and ensemble performances with an informative, inspirational narrative and exciting world travel. After twenty-five years of continuous broadcast, The Joy of Music is one of the longest running television programs still in production with new programs taped, edited and broadcast each year. The Joy of Music library boasts over 500 episodes featuring famous cathedrals, concert halls, churches and organs.
Diane Bish began her study with Dorothy Addy in Wichita, Kansas, and continued as a student of Mildred Andrews. She was a recipient of Fulbright and French government grants for study in Amsterdam and Paris with Nadia Boulanger, Gustav Leonhardt and Marie Claire Alain. Diane Bish: First Lady of the Organ by Warren Woodruff was published in 1993.
CatholicTV is a nationally-broadcasted television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Chris Pham - Public Relations Coordinator, 617 923-0220
music, organ, diane bish
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart