Catholic Self Publishing
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PHOENIX, AZ (December 31, 2009) - Catholic self publishing is now an obtainable reality with the grand opening of Leonine Publishers.
Leonine is a "hybrid" publisher to get authors published in the Catholic marketplace. If a manuscript passes their Catholic integrity test as faithful to Catholic doctrine and morals, they will publish it using a hybrid of the "self publishing" and traditional Catholic publishing models.
Author packages start at $399 and include everything needed to get a book published. Authors can visit Leonine Publishers web site at www.leoninepublishers.com to learn about the self-publishing and hybrid publishing process. The “Frequently Asked Questions” page on the site also explains the important difference between the vanity press (scams) and self publishing (legitimate).
Leonine Publishers presents a new approach that combines self-publishing and traditional publishing. The publishing house will not publish everything submitted, but what they do publish is funded by the author. The company’s Catholic business model and low overhead means they can publish an author’s book for about the same cost as other self-publishing companies.
Unlike the other self-publishing companies, however, the reviewers at Leonine Publishers actually read the manuscripts they receive. Manuscripts are checked for Catholic orthodoxy. Once this important step is completed, the publishing house works with authors to get their books produced just the way they want. The publishers have options for editing, marketing, typesetting, and cover design.
Leonine Publishers president, Michael J. Rayes, emphasized the importance of the review for Catholic integrity. “I strongly believe Catholics shouldn’t just add their works to the confused clamor of everyman literature. We need a publishing company of our own, with the proper checks in place to ensure authors' works are free from doctrinal or moral error.”
If you have a book inside you or an old manuscript languishing in your house, put “get published” on your new year’s resolution list. Visit Leonine Publishers at www.leoninepublishers.com .
http://www.leoninepublishers.com AZ, 85066 US
Michael Rayes - President, 602 795-3539
self publishing publisher books
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS partners with Persecuted Iraqi Catholics
- Catholicism Sweepstakes: Win a Trip for Two to Rome and Paris!
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage