Thomas Aquinas College to Hold Open House on January 17, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SANTA PAULA, CA (December 24, 2009) -- Dr. Michael F. McLean, the president of Thomas Aquinas College will host an Open House on Sunday, January 17, 2010, from 1:00-5:00 p.m. for prospective students, families, teachers, youth leaders, and others who wish to learn more about the 4-year, co-educational, Catholic college located between Santa Paula and Ojai in Ventura County. Also on hand for the event will be Admissions Director Jon Daly, other members of the college's staff, and current students.
A short orientation to the college will be given at the top of each hour, followed by tours of the classroom buildings, labs, residence halls, the commons, and Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity Chapel. Refreshments will be served, and information about the college and its admissions process will be available.
Further information (including directions) can be found at: www.thomasaquinas.edu/openhouse
ABOUT THOMAS AQUINAS COLLEGE
Named a 2010 "Best Value" college by The Princeton Reivew and Kiplinger's, Thomas Aquinas College is a four-year, Catholic liberal arts college with a fully-integrated curriculum composed exclusively of the Great Books, the seminal works in the major disciplines by the great thinkers who have helped shape Western civilization. There are no textbooks, no lectures and no electives. Instead, under the guidance of faculty members and using only the Socratic method of dialogue in classes of no more than 20, students read and discuss the original works of authors such as Euclid, Dante, Galileo, Descartes, the American Founding Fathers, Adam Smith, Shakespeare, Copernicus, Kepler, Newton, Einstein, Aristotle, Plato, St. Augustine, and of course, St. Thomas Aquinas. Alumni consistently excel in the many world-class institutions at which they pursue graduate degrees in fields such as law, medicine, business, theology and education. They have distinguished themselves serving as lawyers, doctors, business owners, priests, military service men and women, educators, journalists and college presidents.
Thomas Aquinas College
http://www.thomasaquinas.edu CA, 93060 US
Anne Forsyth - Director of College Relations, 805 525-4417
aquinas, open house
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS