Catholic World Mission: Emergency in the Philippines
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hamden, CT (October 16, 2009) – In light of the recent devastating floods in the Philippines, Catholic World Mission has put an emphasis this month on meeting the most urgent needs of those still working to recover by instituting an emergency appeal.
That means our work this month is two fold. We must focus on addressing the acute needs of those in the Philippines devastated most recently however, we must still strive to meet our goal of providing the second of our regular shipments of Emergency Food and Medicine to those who count on our continued assistance in that country.
The goal of Catholic World Mission is to address the particular needs of the poor that keep them locked in the cycle of poverty. This is the long-term vision that keeps us implementing new programs to work with the suffering poor to make serious efforts to secure their future. Our Emergency Food and Medicine Shipments to the Philippines fall into this category.
These efforts must be balanced however, by the need to respond to real emergencies with real care and concern for those suffering. Finding this balance has always been a strength of Catholic World Mission. By creating a solid structure of personnel and contacts throughout the third world, CWM is in a great position to coordinate an emergency response effort – and to make sure that what is needed is directed to the people who need it the most.
To find out more about how you can help respond to this emergency effort or to contribute to our regularly scheduled shipment to the Philippines, please visit our website at www.catholicworldmission.org or call 800-961-8153.
Catholic World Mission
http://www.catholicworldmission.org CT, 06514 US
Ryan Flood - Director, 203 848-3327
disaster relief, emergency response, philippines, flooding
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS partners with Persecuted Iraqi Catholics
- Catholicism Sweepstakes: Win a Trip for Two to Rome and Paris!
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage