Catholic World Mission: Emergency in the Philippines
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hamden, CT (October 16, 2009) – In light of the recent devastating floods in the Philippines, Catholic World Mission has put an emphasis this month on meeting the most urgent needs of those still working to recover by instituting an emergency appeal.
That means our work this month is two fold. We must focus on addressing the acute needs of those in the Philippines devastated most recently however, we must still strive to meet our goal of providing the second of our regular shipments of Emergency Food and Medicine to those who count on our continued assistance in that country.
The goal of Catholic World Mission is to address the particular needs of the poor that keep them locked in the cycle of poverty. This is the long-term vision that keeps us implementing new programs to work with the suffering poor to make serious efforts to secure their future. Our Emergency Food and Medicine Shipments to the Philippines fall into this category.
These efforts must be balanced however, by the need to respond to real emergencies with real care and concern for those suffering. Finding this balance has always been a strength of Catholic World Mission. By creating a solid structure of personnel and contacts throughout the third world, CWM is in a great position to coordinate an emergency response effort – and to make sure that what is needed is directed to the people who need it the most.
To find out more about how you can help respond to this emergency effort or to contribute to our regularly scheduled shipment to the Philippines, please visit our website at www.catholicworldmission.org or call 800-961-8153.
Catholic World Mission
http://www.catholicworldmission.org CT, 06514 US
Ryan Flood - Director, 203 848-3327
disaster relief, emergency response, philippines, flooding
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9