Curtis Sliwa and World's Oldest Mom to Celebrate Parents' 65th Anniversary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK (August 20, 2009) - On Sunday, August 23 at 2:00 p.m. Guardian Angels' founder and WABC host, Curtis Sliwa, and one of the world's oldest mothers of twins, Aleta St. James, will celebrate their parents' 65th anniversary at the Lady Chapel, St. Patrick's Cathedral on Fifth Avenue between 50th and 51st streets in NYC.
Curtis Sliwa will join the bridal party as best man, and his wife, Guardian Angel Executive Director and COO, Mary Sliwa, will be the matron of honor.
Frances, 85, and Chester Sliwa, 89, were married at St. Patrick's Cathedral in 1944, during WW II. Together they have served as key members of the Guardian Angels since the group was formed 30 years ago. The Guardian Angels currently have 140 chapters in 13 countries.
In 2004, Frances and Chester's daughter, Aleta St. James, received national and international media attention when St. James became one of the oldest mothers in history to give birth to twins, just before her 57th birthday.
"With today's divorce rate soaring in the 50 percentile, I am very proud and happy to celebrate my parents' 65th wedding anniversary," St. James said. "We have been so blessed to have their amazing presence with us for so long. They are a wonderful example of love that endures."
Aleta and her twins, Francesca and Gian, will join Curtis, his wife Mary Sliwa, and their son Anthony, for a renewal of vows Mass, on Sun, Aug 23, 2:00 p.m. at the Lady Chapel, St. Patrick's Cathedral, on Fifth Ave, between 50th and 51st streets in NYC. Monsignor John Paddack will officiate. The service is open to the public.
For interviews contact: Maria Sliwa of M. Sliwa Public Relations, 973-272-2861, email@example.com
Aleta St. James
Curtis Sliwa, WABC
Source: Maria Sliwa of M. Sliwa Public Relations
M. Sliwa Public Relations
http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.aspx?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/08-20-2009/0005080625&EDATE= NJ, 07026 US
Maria Sliwa - CEO, 973-272-2861
Frances Sliwa, Chester Sliwa, Curtis Sliwa, Aleta St. James
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31