Curtis Sliwa and World's Oldest Mom to Celebrate Parents' 65th Anniversary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK (August 20, 2009) - On Sunday, August 23 at 2:00 p.m. Guardian Angels' founder and WABC host, Curtis Sliwa, and one of the world’s oldest mothers of twins, Aleta St. James, will celebrate their parents’ 65th anniversary at the Lady Chapel, St. Patrick’s Cathedral on Fifth Avenue between 50th and 51st streets in NYC.
Curtis Sliwa will join the bridal party as best man, and his wife, Guardian Angel Executive Director and COO, Mary Sliwa, will be the matron of honor.
Frances, 85, and Chester Sliwa, 89, were married at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in 1944, during WW II. Together they have served as key members of the Guardian Angels since the group was formed 30 years ago. The Guardian Angels currently have 140 chapters in 13 countries.
In 2004, Frances and Chester's daughter, Aleta St. James, received national and international media attention when St. James became one of the oldest mothers in history to give birth to twins, just before her 57th birthday.
"With today's divorce rate soaring in the 50 percentile, I am very proud and happy to celebrate my parents' 65th wedding anniversary," St. James said. "We have been so blessed to have their amazing presence with us for so long. They are a wonderful example of love that endures."
Aleta and her twins, Francesca and Gian, will join Curtis, his wife Mary Sliwa, and their son Anthony, for a renewal of vows Mass, on Sun, Aug 23, 2:00 p.m. at the Lady Chapel, St. Patrick's Cathedral, on Fifth Ave, between 50th and 51st streets in NYC. Monsignor John Paddack will officiate. The service is open to the public.
For interviews contact: Maria Sliwa of M. Sliwa Public Relations, 973-272-2861, email@example.com
Aleta St. James
Curtis Sliwa, WABC
Source: Maria Sliwa of M. Sliwa Public Relations
M. Sliwa Public Relations
http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.aspx?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/08-20-2009/0005080625&EDATE= NJ, 07026 US
Maria Sliwa - CEO, 973-272-2861
Frances Sliwa, Chester Sliwa, Curtis Sliwa, Aleta St. James
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae